Kings / Pedders / Other?

Andrew357

Looking to do abit of work on the suspension on my Camry (MCV36R) + get my rear struts replaced and I am wondering...

Do I go Kings or Pedders?

I went to Pedders today and I was quoted @ $1,545 including installation and alignment: 2x Struts (for rear), 4x Sports Ryder Coil Springs + Rear sway bar

Quote from Fulcrum was $1,600 including installation and alignment: 2x Struts (for rear), 4x Kings Low Springs + Rear sway bar

I'll be heading to Southside suspension + the other one @ Slacks creek for more quotes however:

The guy @ Pedders said he felt the King springs does it's job (lowering the car) but found the springs were too soft, can anyone confirm this? Or are both springs as good as each other?

Looking to do abit of work on the suspension on my Camry (MCV36R) + get my rear struts replaced and I am wondering...

Do I go Kings or Pedders?

I went to Pedders today and I was quoted @ $1,545 including installation and alignment: 2x Struts (for rear), 4x Sports Ryder Coil Springs + Rear sway bar

Quote from Fulcrum was $1,600 including installation and alignment: 2x Struts (for rear), 4x Kings Low Springs + Rear sway bar

I'll be heading to Southside suspension + the other one @ Slacks creek for more quotes however:

The guy @ Pedders said he felt the King springs does it's job (lowering the car) but found the springs were too soft, can anyone confirm this? Or are both springs as good as each other?

literally juz got my car lowered with king super lows $450 installed (Melbourne), balanced and wheel aligned and loving the ride... some says ride quality is unbearably jarring, but for me the ride quality went downhill the most when i went from stock to 18 inch... the lowering job after that didnt make a diff, although i have to drive like a 75 year old over any possible humps now...

alot of wisemen here did say pedders and kings are essentially the same thing different color tho...

hrmm... just got a quote from Southside Suspension

- $1295 installed for: 4x Kings Low Springs, 2x Rear KYB Struts, Rear Sway Bar (20mm, can't remember the brandname) + Alignment

Cheapest of the lot so far.

wtf?

Called up AAMI today to see if they'd insure me if I'd lower my vehicle, they said there wouldn't be an issue but my premium would go up by $158p.a!?!

When I got the extractors, catback and CAI put in my policy didn't change :huh: Confusing to say the least.