The meaning of ZR6

ApBPaul

It's just for model identifying purposes. Nothing fancy involved there. It's like my old mobile phone... it was part of the 'K' Series. I'm pretty sure the 'K' didn't stand for anything.

"zr" doesnt stand for anything in particular. its simply a badge that identifies the trim level of a sports orientated model. it first appeared in the late 80s/early 90s with the celica sx. for example, the sx celica was a fairly standard trim, and then the zr celica, which was later introduced, featured a few more bits and pieces. zr is sort of like the 'upgrade' sports model, which only has a few cosmetic additions. the cars are EXACTLY the same otherwise (apart from the several thousand $ price tag that goes with a zr)

Edited by lateralus

Mechanically the SX6 and ZR6 are the same but the extra $$$ gets you climate control A/C, leather interior and smart entry with push button start. Also has 6 CD radio that may not be on SX6 (I think it has only single CD).

Mechanically the SX6 and ZR6 are the same but the extra $$$ gets you climate control A/C, leather interior and smart entry with push button start. Also has 6 CD radio that may not be on SX6 (I think it has only single CD).

Nope, everything you said bar the stacker. SX6 has the 6 stacker cd radio also. :)

Also the suspension configuration is different between the SX6 and ZR6. But only slightly. Not sure in what way, i'd have to compare Daryl's car to mine to find out. :P

Also the suspension configuration is different between the SX6 and ZR6. But only slightly. Not sure in what way...

What would make you think that?

The part numbers for the springs and shocks are exactly the same for both the SX6 and the ZR6. I wouldn't imagine anything in-between to be any different.

Front Shocks

Right: 48510-09Q10

Left: 48520-09J60

Front Coils

Right/Left: 48471-06020

Rear Shocks

Right: 48530-09M30

Left: 48540-09770

Rear Coils

Right/Left: 48231-06450

Also the suspension configuration is different between the SX6 and ZR6. But only slightly. Not sure in what way...

What would make you think that?

The part numbers for the springs and shocks are exactly the same for both the SX6 and the ZR6. I wouldn't imagine anything in-between to be any different.

Front Shocks

Right: 48510-09Q10

Left: 48520-09J60

Front Coils

Right/Left: 48471-06020

Rear Shocks

Right: 48530-09M30

Left: 48540-09770

Rear Coils

Right/Left: 48231-06450

The parts are the same, but the setup is different. Toe/Caster/Camber etc is a bit different I've been told. But then again, Toyota could be wrong? :P

The parts are the same, but the setup is different. Toe/Caster/Camber etc is a bit different I've been told. But then again, Toyota could be wrong? :P

Well things like caster, camber, and toe can be modified during a wheel alignment. Unless Toyota specifically have certain parameters that the SX6 and ZR6 use, then they aren't really that different, especially when every car can have slightly different alignment values.