Sportivo instrument cluster

czaja74

I have Altise face lift 2004 (Gen5.5). I really like the instrument cluster from Sprotivo. I was wondering if it will be possible to just plug one into my car. I looked around but couldnt find much info. I will go and see if wreckers have one but before I do I would like to know if it can be done.

Regards

Greg

6081987.jpg

sure can be done. theyre exactly the same fitment wise, but depending on whether you go for the gen 5 or gen 5.5 sportivo cluster, you may have to change some bulbs.

i personally like the gen 5.5 sportivo cluster more, as its a darker metal colour with white speed readings and red needles. whereas the gen 5 is orange and red.

so its a direct plug and play

I just posted a photo without paying attention to the differences between 5 and 5.5.

So Sportivo 5.5 into my Altise 5.5 should be plug and play. What about gear position indicator?

I just posted a photo without paying attention to the differences between 5 and 5.5.

So Sportivo 5.5 into my Altise 5.5 should be plug and play. What about gear position indicator?

exactly the same. just put the connectors into the correct port, and youre set.

sorry to hijack, but with a Gen 5 Sportivo, can you replace the colour of the backlight?

I reckon a blue would look better than the standard orange

you can easily chance them, i think theyre a t10 bulb. youll have to pull it apart to replace them though, obviously.

sorry to hijack, but with a Gen 5 Sportivo, can you replace the colour of the backlight?

from what I can tell, the Gen5s didn't use regular bulbs to illuminate the dashboard, they use small LEDs which are soldered into the board itself. So it wouldn't be a simple changing of the bulbs.

This person in the US did a colour change in their Gen5 dashboard: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/216257/6

from what I can tell, the Gen5s didn't use regular bulbs to illuminate the dashboard, they use small LEDs which are soldered into the board itself. So it wouldn't be a simple changing of the bulbs.

This person in the US did a colour change in their Gen5 dashboard: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/216257/6

Bah!

Soldering. I'm done. <_<

• 2 weeks later...