2009 Toyota Avensis

blink_me192

I came across this just recently, as some family friends were looking for an Avensis Verso. I was pretty intrigued as what is sold in the UK as the Avensis is totally different to what Toyota sells in Australia. What also caught my interest was what Toyota calls "Valvematic". The valvematic equipped engines in addition to Dual VVTI, can also continously vary the lift of the inlet valve. I have to admit though, that my understanding is that Valvematic doesn't provide any extra lift, only the capability to vary the lift, whereas VVTL-i is like VTEC in that it allows for additional lift. Perhaps Valvematic was only designed for efficiency and not really for any performance benefits?

Anyway Heres the video.

Its very interesting that toyota has some very neat engine tech that isn't being offered here in Aus. Would love to see a toyota with the 2GR-FSE incorporating some form of Valvematic/VVTL. That would be freakin awesome :-)

Some images of the Avensis

Avensis Tourer

Avensis Sedan

Looks nice IMO. I prefer the tourer to the Commodore sports wagon. What do you guys think?

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to find techincal specs, in particular gear ratios, for the Avensis and Avensis diesel (6 speed). anyone??

I've tried all the usual sites and cant get 1 bit of real tech info. All the same media crap!!