Going to Thailand, what tivo stuff should i bring back???

moz

Hey guys,

I have never been to thailand before, but whilst im on holiday i wont be able to help myself from sneeking away from the gf to seek out sportivo parts?

Before i leave i want to have a list made up of things i could possibly bring back. But i dont know what they have in the way of parts over there or where would be the best place to get them from. If any one knows of shop names or addresses, please forward them on.

Dont want to really bring anything back that wont fit in a suit case!

What is the 2005 Corolla Sportivo called in Thailand?

Some things already on the list are:

Intake's / CAI kits

stubby antenna

trd knobs

slim wind shields

wing tips

eye lids / tail lids

led globes

trd badges / Black toyota badges

short shifter

angle eyes / HID kit

Please give me more ideas......

If you have parts numbers as well please add them.

Just wondering, where in Thailand are you planning to go to?

As the hatchback body style isn't offered in Thailand (Not even as a JDM import. Most South East Asian markets have a preference for sedans over hatchbacks.), some Corolla Altis parts will fit, while some won't.

General parts like bulbs, badges, LED wing mirror housings, HID kits (Not headlights or taillights, the 2001 - 2007 SEA Corolla Altis have totally different front & rear ends.), gear shift knobs & stubby antenna should be fine.

I'm not an expert on the Corolla Sportivo, but I'm guessing that some Celica engine parts may be compatible as they share the 2Z-GE.

You might want to ask people in Altis-Club & Wish-Mania (I know there's one English speaking member from Bangkok on W-M.) as they would know better.

What is the 2005 Corolla Sportivo called in Thailand?

Some things already on the list are:

Intake's / CAI kits

stubby antenna

trd knobs

slim wind shields

wing tips

eye lids / tail lids

led globes

trd badges / Black toyota badges

short shifter

angle eyes / HID kit

Please give me more ideas......

If you have parts numbers as well please add them.

Thailand didn't get the Sportivo/Runx. They also didn't get the hatch, they only got the sedan called the Altis/Vios. So no CAIs will work due to using different engines.

Stubby antenna are easy to find same with copies of badges/stickers. If you are after genuine the price is no different to here, go to Japan if you want genuine for cheap. You won't find any copies of short shifters or angle eyes. Just buy the globes here so they don't break when the throwers at the airport move your bags around. Black Toyota badges are just off of the Camry Sportivo here, wouldn't know if other markets got them. There is a lot of rice parts over there, there is a car parts shop in MBK in Bangkok, can't remember the level but as of a couple years ago it was the only one in the centre. I know of a half decent place in Phuket Town too.

When I was in Thailand at the start of the year I'm pretty sure I saw Corolla's with 2ZZ's, I didn't go looking for parts but I'm fairly certain they were around, although they were sedan and not hatch as previously stated.

That would be a Corolla Altis with an engine swap (Like this car.), as Thailand never got the option of a 2ZZ officially (Only two options, the 1.6 3ZZ or 1.8 1ZZ.).

Edited by ToyotaFreak