Lowering & handbrake Qs

Lawz

CAR: 2000 Corolla AE112R sedan

SPRINGS: King Lows KTFL-45 (front) & KTRL-82 (rear)

I have searched the King Spring website for Super Low and also asked through local performance garage. Have been told Super Lows aren't offered for the AE112. I know that the KTFL-45 (low) & KTFL-45SL (super low) coded front springs are shared across Celica ST162/SX162, Corolla AE82/AE92/AE93/AE94. However Lovell do Super Lows for the AE112... Worth spending the cash swapping all 4 springs???... I don't think so.

My question: How would the car handle if I were to run Super Lows in the front and Lows in the rear??? I know I can do custom lowered for rear but is it really worth it?

I also read a post somewhere I can't find that SB talked about whiteline camber bolts... do they work, worth it and easy to install...?

Next question: Handbrake doesn't seem to hold on it's clicks and over a number of times each click wears out and I end up using the last few clicks... I have drum brakes by the way. It has been adjusted many times and yet won't last until the next service. Does that mean that the cable or mechanism on the rear drums is stuffed? If this question doesn't make sense then don't worry I'll ask at a Thursday night meet.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been covered before... I probably didn't look search with right key words... :unsure:

Edited by 11TWO

If you want to lower the car you're gunna have to buy springs so do your research and find the ones you want...

Much better off getting the same springs all round and keeping the car at a level height... Will look and feel heaps better on the road...

In regards to your brakes, might not be adjusting them correctly, drums could be worn out and exceeding max diameter, shoes could be worn out, cylinders could be leaking onto the shoes causing slippage, cable might be stretched and worn, very hard to tell without looking at the car... Best off pulling the drums off and having a good look and see whats going on...