tangcla's ST205 Celica GT-Four

tangcla

• 6 months later...

All up how much would that work out to be? Reason I ask is I am looking at an import one at the moment which I think is a good price, and am wondering how much they go for these days. I haven't payed much attention to them over the last 2 years...

Anyway, nice buy!

All up how much would that work out to be? Reason I ask is I am looking at an import one at the moment which I think is a good price, and am wondering how much they go for these days. I haven't payed much attention to them over the last 2 years...

Anyway, nice buy!

Came to $22K + onroads, or $22880 including stamp duty etc.

What state are you in, and are you after an ST205 or an ST185?

I've seen a few on carsales/carpoint for around the mid-high 20s...

there's two for sale at the moment on Carsales:

black one

silver one

Personally I'd pay a bit extra for the Aus delivered one... gets a few bonuses that the imports don't get.

Also that black one was on eBay for a bit. Seemed a bit sus, I got the impression it wasn't complied. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Unfortunately when it comes to st205's because they are so rare you don't always have the option of paying a bit extra to get better car. You simply take what you can get or get nothing at all. I was looking at the black one, but after having it inspected I am staying far away. I guess it is going to be a wrx after all.

Beautiful car Tangcla... sure i've said that before....

Gerb: ST205 GT4's are not eligable for import to australia unless under race / rally - and then they can never be road registered.

I've had lengthy discussions with DOTARS about this .... the only other way to get an ST205 GT4 in australia (other than one of the locally delivered 77) is to own (registered in your name) in another country for one year then import as your own car ... it's subject to different rules and regulations but it's doable that way.

As a side part of that: NZ has lots of st205 GT4's and a car can be purchased and registered in your name - while you live in aus provided you have a NZ postal address (which can be care of a friend).

That's pretty much your only options with importing an ST205 GT4 into australia. Trust me I've tried to cover everything - and given up - planning on living in NZ for a year and bringing the car back with me is my last hope :)

• 1 year later...