Seat clip

Mr De Angelo

Hey guys,

so today I was getting my amp installed and when they removed the rear seats it seems like they were careless or something because now the left side won't lock in and the plastic looks a little bent. Is this part possibile to replace, and if so would anyone know the parts number?

I was strolling threads the other day and somebody posted a PDF about removing seats, from a service manual I think. It might have been in the 'ZR6 Speaker Upgrade' thread, a few pages in, but I'm not positive. That might have some part numbers in it?

Thanks, I'll go take a look see if i can find it. Big hassle just for a little bit of plastic, i hope Toyota even sell the part, otherwise my seat is going to be left extremely loose. Really questions the professionalism of the audio installers too, I saw him bouncing up and down hammering the seat into place, then when I got home and removed the seat myself and attempted to reattach it, it just took a little push and it clipped straight in..

This one is a little difficult to describe without photos, but we'll see where we can go.

So from looking at it, I assume the cause of your problem is the white clip section that sits on the body of the car?

If so, it could be possible that the clips in it are facing up. If you look down into it, you should see plastic on each side pointing down like this - \ / .

When the seat is pulled out, it is possible for the plastic to reverse directions. If so, the seat won't clip in properly again. In this case, it would look like this - / \ .

If it looks like the second example, a screwdriver is handy to push the tabs down so they face the right direction.

However, if the clips are completely stuffed, the replacement part number is as follows:

72693-12080 -> HOOK, REAR SEAT CUSHION LOCK

diag1zp7xhn.jpg

I had a look, the clips seem to be normal except the plastic around it is bent because the guy jumped on my seat when the metal part wasn't properly inside the hole. I called Toyota regarding the part number and they said the part costs $5.35 which is alright, so I just have to order it in.

Also, I noticed clips behind the seat, does that plug into anything?

That price for the clips seems about right. When I looked the part up, it had an estimated cost of USD$3.56.

Those metal loops at the back of the seat don't clip into anything. They are there to hold the seat in place against the car body.

On a similar note is the 2 piece seat in the diagram the cover and the actual seat? Because I've got a nasty stain on the back cover and I didn't think they were only covers - would i be able to take them off and order a new set?

They are two-piece in the sense that the material for the seat goes over a foam base. Much like any seat. If the outer material is available for purchase it would be listed as "COVER, REAR SEAT BACK". Unfortunately, the ToyoDIY.com database lists it as the split fold rear seats which is incorrect, so maybe you would need to speak to Toyota.

For reference use:

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_2007_TOYO...ETDKV_7102.html

And instructions on how to replace it are on page 77 onwards:

http://www.camrystuff.com/manuals/Gen6/2GR-FE/Seat.pdf