Aurion shift lag gone?

dave262

Just had the car put in for its 30,000km service the other day (at 27,000km), and after having the car back for a few weeks - I have noticed that the lag between 1st and 2nd gear changes has completely disappeared! :huh:

It's completely baffling me as it was the one single most irritating fault I had always found, in what otherwise is a great car. No matter how it was driven, whether in S or D, it always had that lag between those changes.

Is it possible that after being reset during service, the ECU has simply not completely learned the "smooth" shift mappings that cause the laggy changes, or could something else be behind the change??? The only difference on my part is moving from Shell V-Power to the Shell 95 Ethanol...

it is possible for the ecu to have not yet learned your driving style. i remember reading somewhere it takes around 1-2000km for the tranny ecu to learn your style and adjust the shifting patterns accordingly. but im not entirely sure whether that adjusting involves the rpm it shifts at, or the harshness of the shift (immediate, or lagging)

different car, so most lieky different kettle of fish, but i've noticed that when i reset my ecu, the shifting lags a tiny bit. however, after 1-2 weeks it tends to shift more harsh and very precisely. so maybe just wait a little bit to see if it changes its shifting patterns

I can't say whether or not they would have reset your ECU, but I am pretty sure that they don't apply any updates like they do over in the States.

When I got my car back from it's 60,000km service, I could swear that my traction control was less intrusive and responded much better than it did in the past. A few thousand kilometres later though and it was back to it's usual habits.

Maybe when they connect their Intelligent Tester up to scan for codes, it might reset something in the ECU.

It would definitely be interesting to know what they did... it is definitely better shifting. Just came back from a drive around mount dandenong, and I swear the transmission behaved just brilliantly. Previously whenever I would slow down for a corner, it would always drop down a gear too late (if using D), then take too long to change back up to accelerate - or just during take off from the lights with your foot down, it would reach 5500 RPM or so in first, then the lag would be so severe that u will get thrown forward in the seat, then back again as it changes to second.. not to mention the loss of traction due to the sudden momentum change!

Sometimes these "intelligent" transmissions seem too intelligent for their own good I think <_<