Buying a car interstate

Hey Guys,

The transmission in my car at the moment has gone bust and apparently not worth fixing compared to the value of my car.

I'm thinking about buying an Aurion from the east (which is 5000$ less than aurions from this side of the desert (western australia)).

I am just wondering if there is any costs i might be overlooking?

Obviously, the Car.

The transport from East->West

I beleive after 3 months i require a roadworthy certificate for it.

If these are the only fee's, its going to be cheaper for me to get a car interstate than it is for me to buy it here, and trade my car in... And I could probably sell my car for scrap metal :P..

Is there anything i might be overlooking?

Also, what do dealers think about purchasing cars from different states? Obviously if required I could pay for a return trip to Victoria to check everything and sign any details that might be required, but even including this I would still be 2-3k ahead at the end of the day.

Does anyone have any opinions on this and suggestions from people who have done this or investigated doing this in the past?

Hey Guys,

The transmission in my car at the moment has gone bust and apparently not worth fixing compared to the value of my car.

I'm thinking about buying an Aurion from the east (which is 5000$ less than aurions from this side of the desert (western australia)).

I am just wondering if there is any costs i might be overlooking?

Obviously, the Car.

The transport from East->West

I beleive after 3 months i require a roadworthy certificate for it.

If these are the only fee's, its going to be cheaper for me to get a car interstate than it is for me to buy it here, and trade my car in... And I could probably sell my car for scrap metal :P..

Is there anything i might be overlooking?

Also, what do dealers think about purchasing cars from different states? Obviously if required I could pay for a return trip to Victoria to check everything and sign any details that might be required, but even including this I would still be 2-3k ahead at the end of the day.

Does anyone have any opinions on this and suggestions from people who have done this or investigated doing this in the past?

Hi, i have been bought cars from interstate before..1 form VIC and 2 from NSW.

The first thing you can do is asking for as many pictures as possible including every corner, interior, exterior,engine bay and if it is possible, the chassis. Maybe you can ask a video for that as well as pictures.

The second thing you need to do is to arrange a professional inspection to inspect the car if you want a peace of mind. I do the inspection for cars out of warranty already but for something like 1 to 2 years old...well...for me i trust them, as long as they do provide full service history and all books, REVS check.

Once the car is delievered to you, you might need a new RWC to register the car in your state, because each state doesnt accept other state's RWC.

not only me buying cars interstate but most buyers of my cars from Sydney as well. It only depends on where you can find a good one and better deal.

Thats what i can think about atm but you can ask if you still have questions