Clunking at rear

«®olla™»

For quite awhile now I have been getting a clunking noise coming from the rear left that happens mostly when weight is on that side eg. reversing down the driveway. I can replicate the noise by shaking the car side to side from the roof above the rear wheels.

At first I thought it had to do with the exhaust (as i just got it changed a month or so ago) but my boy and I have spent time under the car padding the exhaust and that does not make a difference.

Now Im thinking it may be related to my suspension. Im running super low springs at the back with standard shocks which have been on the car since I bought it a few years ago. Iv been reading up on others with this problem but its all a bit confusing. Will probably need to take it to a suspension place but would like to check it out myself before getting it looked at. Whats the best way to access the top hat of the suspension? I know its a matter of pulling out everything in the boot but Im not sure where to start or what to look for?

Any advice would be appreciated as the noise is driving me crazy! thanks

hey Guni B)

im too shy to post usually.... i just dont have enough technical knowledge on most topics!

so how do i get to the suspension without ripping up all my carpet and destroying everything?!

Plz don't be. Your presence is good enough :rolleyes:

Checked the nuts/bolts underneath first so looking where the nuts are at bottom of the struts and the bolts securing the sway bar.