Signed, sealed....awaiting delivery!

Dave L

Finally went shopping and just signed the contract for an 09 Kluger KX-R 2WD 7 seater.

Graphite with black trim

Also ordered:

Nudge bar

Side steps

Tow bar and wiring

Front & rear sensors

Factory window tint

Carpet mats

Oct 09 build, on it's way to Aus.....delivery date mid Nov.

Can't wait! Now just need to work out how many sleeps left :)

Finally an official part of the club...

Congrats Dave. We just picked ours up yesterday. Ours is exactly the same model as yours, 7 seater, graphite, 2wd, etc, etc. We ordered one and it only took 4 weeks, Oct/09 build also.

I will anxietously await your post in Kluger price thread....

Enjoy.

Hubby and I went shopping back in August and signed up for a KX-R AWD 5 seater.

Likewise, ours is an Oct 09 build - delivery date mid Nov, so we know all about waiting.

We have also chosen Graphite and quite a few optional extra's.

Hope we enjoy our Kluger every bit as much as you Dave!

In the meantime, it's been great reading everyone's comments and experiences on this forum although I’m having a bit of trouble posting for the first time!

Good choice. I have a KX-R 2wd 7 seater in Merlot. Has all the same factory options as you have listed plus front and rear factory moulded mud flaps. I reckon they really make the vehicle especially with the side steps. You wont be dissapointed with your choice of vehicle. Enjoy and start counting the sleeps......

• 3 weeks later...
Finally went shopping and just signed the contract for an 09 Kluger KX-R 2WD 7 seater.

Graphite with black trim

Also ordered:

Nudge bar

Side steps

Tow bar and wiring

Front & rear sensors

Factory window tint

Carpet mats

Holy crap, I got the same one you did, incl same colours! Hopefully there is one spare on the boat for me!!!!! I dont want to wait 3 months for it!

Graphite with black trim

Also ordered:

Nudge bar

Side steps

Tow bar and wiring

Front & rear sensors

Factory window tint

Carpet mats

Holy crap, I got the same one you did, incl same colours! Hopefully there is one spare on the boat for me!!!!! I dont want to wait 3 months for it!

Did they give you an estimated delivery date ?

Ours was mid-November, however there was apparently an issue with the ship leaving port in Japan and delivery is now late Nov/early Dec.

I think the Graphite with black interior is definitely the most popular choice and it wasn't surprising there were none left in the state....though we also looked at Tidal Blue and there were none of them in the state either.

Graphite with black trim

Also ordered:

Nudge bar

Side steps

Tow bar and wiring

Front & rear sensors

Factory window tint

Carpet mats

Did they give you an estimated delivery date ?

Ours was mid-November, however there was apparently an issue with the ship leaving port in Japan and delivery is now late Nov/early Dec.

I think the Graphite with black interior is definitely the most popular choice and it wasn't surprising there were none left in the state....though we also looked at Tidal Blue and there were none of them in the state either.

Well, if its going to be after Christmas, I will cancel the order. There is a claus in the contract which says that the purchaser has the right to cancel the order if not delivered within 2 weeks. I'm going to move to QLD in Jan, so I cant wait that long.

I think you will be waiting more than two weeks...

Like I said, I can wait till before christmas. Any later than that, I can't take delivery, as I wont be living in Vic anymore! Hopefully I wont get a lemon.

Well, if its going to be after Christmas, I will cancel the order. There is a claus in the contract which says that the purchaser has the right to cancel the order if not delivered within 2 weeks. I'm going to move to QLD in Jan, so I cant wait that long.

Check with the dealer if you can take delivery in Qld at no charge. They might agree if it means losing a sale.

• 1 month later...

Well, finally picked up our Kluger on Friday afternoon, and we're so happy with the car.

Took it for a drive to Geelong yesterday and it purrs like a kitten.

I was so excited I woke up early Saturday morning and at 7am started washing, claying, polishing and waxing the car (which took about 4 hours).

Now the paintwork feels just like the example they showed me in the dealership (which had the $1K+ paint protection on it)...

So far our average L/100km is around 9.7....with about 300km on the clock (this includes a bit of stop-start driving through the Melb CBD), a bit of suburban driving and some open-road driving to Geelong and back.

Very impressed with the mileage thus far.

Now just need to wait another 2 weeks and we get our Alpine DVD roof-mounted player installed :)

Will put up a couple of photos in due course.

Such a great car to drive. Even better than I remember when taking one for a test drive !

Well, finally picked up our Kluger on Friday afternoon, and we're so happy with the car.

Took it for a drive to Geelong yesterday and it purrs like a kitten.

I was so excited I woke up early Saturday morning and at 7am started washing, claying, polishing and waxing the car (which took about 4 hours).

Now the paintwork feels just like the example they showed me in the dealership (which had the $1K+ paint protection on it)...

So far our average L/100km is around 9.7....with about 300km on the clock (this includes a bit of stop-start driving through the Melb CBD), a bit of suburban driving and some open-road driving to Geelong and back.

Very impressed with the mileage thus far.

Now just need to wait another 2 weeks and we get our Alpine DVD roof-mounted player installed :)

Will put up a couple of photos in due course.

Such a great car to drive. Even better than I remember when taking one for a test drive !

Mine is due on the 16th. Glad your happy with it.

I think the Alpine DVD doesn't play divx or xvid?

Edited by udor

The Alpine doesn't play divx or xvid....which doesn't bother me as I don't really have anything in that format anyway (and if I did I'd just simply convert tot DVD format, on the PC, and save onto a DVD).

Good luck with picking up your cars. You are going to love it !

Now there's a fight in our household each night as to who is driving the Kluger the next day :)