Programming 2004 corolla remote

Hi,

I have searched in this forum but not found much information. I have a 2004 (facelift) corolla and I want to program a new remote for the central locking. My car came with the key with the remote and transponder inbuilt. Can I program a fob (with just the remote) from the pre-facelift corolla's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sam

Hi,

I have searched in this forum but not found much information. I have a 2004 (facelift) corolla and I want to program a new remote for the central locking. My car came with the key with the remote and transponder inbuilt. Can I program a fob (with just the remote) from the pre-facelift corolla's?

Sam

I don't believe you can as the remotes and controllers are probably made by different companies.

The remote on a fob is an aftermarket product that is ( or was ) a rebadged Vision.

The key and remote combination is probably made by Denso.

Hi,

Sam

Hey mate, not many of us had needed to do it ourselves, but if you take it to Toyota, they should be able to get it coded in for you :D

Evo

hey i got a question lik this lol, i have my original remote toyota key, but the key part came off the remote? how much will it cost to code and replace at toyota?

just to let you know the remote and chip from the key is fine

Edited by tiet

hey i got a question lik this lol, i have my original remote toyota key, but the key part came off the remote? how much will it cost to code and replace at toyota?

just to let you know the remote and chip from the key is fine

Hey Tiet, i haven't seen you active on here for a while...

I think you will need to check in at your Toyota Dealer for that one... i never got the built-in lock/unlock key, but a seperate remote module.

(i had to get it myself lol :P)

So yeah, see what your parts depo say, but i would guess anywhere between $100 - $200 for a replacement INCLUDING reprogramming. (let's hope so :D)

Evo

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have a corolla 05, and one of the remote has not been used for a while and the car no longer recognises it. I have lost the original piece of paper printout that came with the car and hoping someone on the forum would have the reprogramming code. I have tried looking in the forum and all over the web but all the code refers to remotes with LOCK & UNLOCK buttons. But I only have a remote with one button and it is a Toyota remote. It looks like the one on this ebay site.

Ebay Aus

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ice2007

post-17685-1265837104_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

I have a corolla 05, and one of the remote has not been used for a while and the car no longer recognises it. I have lost the original piece of paper printout that came with the car and hoping someone on the forum would have the reprogramming code. I have tried looking in the forum and all over the web but all the code refers to remotes with LOCK & UNLOCK buttons. But I only have a remote with one button and it is a Toyota remote. It looks like the one on this ebay site.

Ebay Aus

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ice2007

I have the instructions in my thread..

2005 Toyota Corolla Keys

Regards,

Sherwin