Rock chips on my 3 week old Corolla :(

Hey Guys,

I am after some tips and advice on fixing up these 2 damn rock chips, they are around 3mm.

My Corolla is the graphite colour, so the rock chip stands out big time, and it just a sight for sore eyes.

I was provided with some touch up paint when I bought the car, and I have been reading around on the net, seems like the best way to fix these rock chip is to apply the touch up paint with a toothpick or something like that.

I know after the touch up paint have been applied it won't be perfect, but I want to get it fixed up as good as possible.

So any advice and tips is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

you can use touch up paint as a temporary fix. if the stones have penetrated the clear coat and chipped the paint itself, after a year or so you may get a light haze surrounding the chips as moisture and other contaminants build up due to weather. the best fix for it is a respray, but that can obviously be costly.

you can use touch up paint as a temporary fix. if the stones have penetrated the clear coat and chipped the paint itself, after a year or so you may get a light haze surrounding the chips as moisture and other contaminants build up due to weather. the best fix for it is a respray, but that can obviously be costly.

oh crap, i got heeeps of stone chips, maybe using touchup paint will help protect moisture from getting in and around and making them worse in the long term!

Get ppl like 'touch up guys' to look at it, they will do a more professional job than a average joe could normally :P

doesnt cost much and being a new car they could easily color match the paint...

Get ppl like 'touch up guys' to look at it, they will do a more professional job than a average joe could normally :P

doesnt cost much and being a new car they could easily color match the paint...

Thanks for tips.

I actually called "Touch Up Guys" yesterday, and the fellow recommended me to do it myself, as its was only 2 tiny rock chips.