help? want to buy dvd double DIN

that.guy

hi guys,

just got myself a corolla sportivo 03 & i wanna get rid of the stock headunit and get myself a dvd headunit. now since this is my first car. i dont know much about there functionality wise & not sure what a good brand is.

all i really want is something with big screen? plays dvd/divx, ipod connection maybe also bluetooth .. (does that mean i can use my phone via the unit?, if so. does it come with a mic?)

price range 800-1200. still in uni so on a tight budget

thanks..

I just bought an eonon double din headunit and fit it into my car. It doesn't fit perfectly and u'll need to modify the fascia a bit but for $280, it has all those features that you want and best of all, it works lol. Surprising coming from a cheap china brand one.

Try search Eonon on eBay and you will find A LOT!

most of them price at $200-350...Cheap china brand but seens got a lot of features.

If you want a well known brand which you know the quality, I would go Alpine or Pioneer depends on the price.

my personal preferation

Alpine => Pioneer => Kenwood => SONY => JVC

I have a Pioneer AVH-P4950DVD dvd player in my ZRE and it is single din because i like the space where i can put my phone or tickets etc.

Got everything you said plus reverse camera view but except bluetooth.

You can always buy a Nokia Bluetooth kit for around $200ish including mic and speaker.

Always try eBay first if you are looking for stuff like this.

If something you looked is current model and go to shop and try it.

If not current model...google it or ask people in JB (Pretend you are buying and ask them to compare the model you like and the current model.....lol).

GL

what you pay is what you get. my cousin bought a eonon unit, and the peice of ***** doesnt work properly after 2days of use. the unit is a touchscreen, and the screen doesnt sense our fingers. i had 2 units so far, pioneer avic hd3 - $2600, which ive sold, and now ive got a kenwood 6.1" screen, divx, and i can say by far this is one of the best screen ive seen around. the quality is awesome as well, and i got it for $710 (cost price at jb)

much better ones out there for your money then eonon.

You can go to any audio place like autobarn or wow jb hi fi and you will get one. I have an Eclipse dvd unit with gps etc n excellent unit as it was the run out model i scored this for $1000. and then added dvd headrest in back for extra $500.

I would even head down to your local audio place and check outthe ones they have. You can hear their sound quality etc. As in the long run it is up to you .

Autobarn had Clarion for $500 a while back.

for example check this out

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/car-sound/c...solution/451011

you can also give these guys a ring

http://www.fhrxstudios.com/

anyway just a few ideas good luck in your search.