interested in buying a kluger kx-s. any advice

pt75

hi there guys, new to forum.

:)

I currently have a corolla but need something much bigger as space is an issue, with two kids and prams. Im looking at buying a used 08 kluger kxs. :D :D Is there anything i should be looking out for? Also reading reviews on handling and things like the ESC not working well. Has anyone had any issues with this? Any advice would be great.

Thanks guys.

hey mate, where are you located as Blindkidseeks on here works for Lane Toyota on springvale road (melbroune), he would happily show you around the kluger and any questions you may have, pm him if you want.

cheers mate

Hi pt75

Our KX-S is nearly 5,000kms old and has proven itself to be a great family transport. We got it along with the second child to carry the extra kit they require and that a normal boot wont do.

As for handling, well its a family wagon and as such doesn't get see any spirited driving. Have taken it down to the coast and back a few times with a full load on board and it handled the twisty stuff fine. Its no sports car, but it does its job without any fuss. Ours is FWD. It does have a bit of roll going on when on a fast sweeping bend, but I suppose that comes with the territory with this kind of car.

The only problem we have had with the car was a rattle under the steering wheel that was fixed at the 1000km service. No problem with the electrics, all seems to be good. There are a few small things that irk me, but nothing major or that would have influenced the decision to buy it.

The usual stuff, oil escape marks, loose water pump, clean alternator and so on shouldnt show anything untoward on such a new model - depending on its kms of course.

hey mate, where are you located as Blindkidseeks on here works for Lane Toyota on springvale road (melbroune), he would happily show you around the kluger and any questions you may have, pm him if you want.

cheers mate

Gday jaderd, thanks for the reply. Im in melbourne and practically drive past lane toyota evertday on my way to work. When i get more time i will try and speak with Blindkidseeks. Cheers mate.

Hi pt75

Our KX-S is nearly 5,000kms old and has proven itself to be a great family transport. We got it along with the second child to carry the extra kit they require and that a normal boot wont do.

As for handling, well its a family wagon and as such doesn't get see any spirited driving. Have taken it down to the coast and back a few times with a full load on board and it handled the twisty stuff fine. Its no sports car, but it does its job without any fuss. Ours is FWD. It does have a bit of roll going on when on a fast sweeping bend, but I suppose that comes with the territory with this kind of car.

The only problem we have had with the car was a rattle under the steering wheel that was fixed at the 1000km service. No problem with the electrics, all seems to be good. There are a few small things that irk me, but nothing major or that would have influenced the decision to buy it.

The usual stuff, oil escape marks, loose water pump, clean alternator and so on shouldnt show anything untoward on such a new model - depending on its kms of course.

Hi letsgo. thanks for your advice. Im still in the process of looking for a kluger, trying to find the right one i guess. Im not in a big hurry , although the sooner i find one that we like the better. Id still like to learn more about them thats all. We woold like a FWD kxs as well. Cheers and have fun with your kluger. :D