Facia removal on Kluger

dazz

Hi, all. Does anyone know how to remove the facia panel surrounding the factory stereo unit in a KX-R Kluger. I dont want to start pulling at it and break it. Im sure someone out there has had experience with this on their Kluger when repllacing their stereo. Also if anyone has any pictures could they please share.

cheers Dazz.

Hi, all. Does anyone know how to remove the facia panel surrounding the factory stereo unit in a KX-R Kluger. I dont want to start pulling at it and break it. Im sure someone out there has had experience with this on their Kluger when repllacing their stereo. Also if anyone has any pictures could they please share.

cheers Dazz.

I haven't removed myself, but when we had our overhead monitor installed professionally they had to remove the front fascia and they slightly damaged it where they pried open the dash and must've also slipped while doing so and scratched the front of the fascia. All this when the car was 2 days old!!

They have since agreed to repair the damage.

Be careful....

I haven't removed myself, but when we had our overhead monitor installed professionally they had to remove the front fascia and they slightly damaged it where they pried open the dash and must've also slipped while doing so and scratched the front of the fascia. All this when the car was 2 days old!!

They have since agreed to repair the damage.

Be careful....

Don't use a metal implement, such as a screw driver, as this will leave marks. I removed the facia below the a/c controls by just pulling hard with my fingers. Just need a little faith that you won't break anything. When prying was required I just used an old plastic ruler that I'd rounded the edges on so as to not damage the trim. Strong fingers seemed to work the best though.

cheers Dazz.

Hey,

First part is to carefully remove the top air vents which surround the trip computer/camera display. This section pulls out with moderate force, starting by prying from the top. There are no screws just clips which hold in place. You can use a blunt object to assist with prying the vent from the top, but care must be taken not to scratch.

Next you need to remove the bottom section which includes the lift up compartment where the 12volt power socket is hidden. This section pulls out from near the glove box passanger side, and steering column drivers. There is no screws or anything, just clips holding in place. Moderate force used again, and blunt object (maybe covered with cloth to prevent scratching.)

Once this section is removed the hvac (aircon control) section also just pulls out. All screws etc for the stereo surround will then be clearly visible.

I will try and take some photo's to make this clearer if no one has any handy.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=17524 few pics here helps as well.

Any questions let me know.

Edited by wilsact

Hey, Wilscat...

I tried today to remove the panel around the computer/airvents but did not have any luck. There is not much to grab hold of with my fingers and I didn't want to pull it too hard in case it broke. If you could supply some pictures it would be much appreiated by me and anyone else who may wish to remove their panels to upgrade thier audio system.

Hey, Wilscat...

I tried today to remove the panel around the computer/airvents but did not have any luck. There is not much to grab hold of with my fingers and I didn't want to pull it too hard in case it broke. If you could supply some pictures it would be much appreiated by me and anyone else who may wish to remove their panels to upgrade thier audio system.

Dazz you'll need some type of panel removal tool. I've attached a diagram so you can see the points where the clips need to be disengaged.

dash_removal.bmp

• 2 years later...

Well, many thanks to everybody who contributed to this post.

Thanks to you all, I have been able to turn my Kluger stereo into a whole new experience.

post-28211-0-63929100-1337329107_thumb.j BEFORE

post-28211-0-88284400-1337329139_thumb.jAFTER

So thanks to everybody for making this easy.

If anyone needs a hand, send me a PM.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to you all, I have been able to turn my Kluger stereo into a whole new experience.

Cheers

Cheers