Suspension set up for 07 camry

private number

Hey fellas, yes its another suspension set up thread.

Ive done my research but im still torn between what lowering springs i should use? Im still torn between what brands and set up to use.

What suspension set up (lowering springs and shocks) do you guys recommend keeping into consideration...

- I am a daily driver

- Avoiding rubbing issues as much as possible (with a full car load)

- Car is 07 camry

- Want to drop it about 1-3inchs (will finalise this decision once i got the rims on)

- try maintain stock comfort as much as possible

Thanks guys, all your help will be much appreciated as i have to make this decision sometime during this week

Private

Thanks for your reply dave. These are the springs ive been really looking at and i came across this data off a site. Dont know if this data applies to my 07 camry though

In the front

King: 1.6-3.2kg/mm

Pedders: 2.6kg/mm

Lovell: 2.65kg/mm

In the rear

Kings: 1.7-3.0kg/mm

Pedders: 2.8kg/mm

Lovell: 3.0kg/mm

To me, this terminology is new to me. All i know (without having the 19s on) is that i want to drop her about 2 inchs so the wheels fill in the archs. But whilst researching, i come across some much information which makes it confusing for a noob to learn ahha.

What i gathered is if i change the springs, it is highly recommended to change a few other components too like shocks and struts. if i get coilovers, its a "Waste of money" as im not planning to race her.

I realize there is no "best" suspension set up because everybody is different with all different needs and tastes, but what im after is all your recommendations to a noob about what would be best if you were in my position.

Thanks

Private

Edited by private number

In the front

King: 1.6-3.2kg/mm

Pedders: 2.6kg/mm

Lovell: 2.65kg/mm

In the rear

Kings: 1.7-3.0kg/mm

Pedders: 2.8kg/mm

Lovell: 3.0kg/mm

Is this data for your particualr model? If it is for something different then it'll most likely be wrong. The data should be accessable from the companies that make the springs you are looking at.

The units are kg/mm; basically that means to compress the spring 1mm a weight of 2.6kg needs to be applied (going by the Pedders in the front). The Kings have two numbers because they are not linear, they are progressive. For example the first mm of compression will require only 1.6kg to compress it that 1mm, however the last mm of travel will require 3.2kg to compress it. In racing applications linear springs are better, however there are plenty of systems out there using progressive springs. Progressive springs tend to feel more comfortable on the street than linear springs.

Nuh its not for that particular model, its hard to find the exact ones for my model because not a lot, if any, people actually do mod up their gen 6 camrys but i will dwell into my research more. you got any suggestions though of ideal suspension set up?

Without knowing weight distribution, vehicle weight and what stock springs are I can't really provide an estimate of an ideal spring rate. And even then testing still needs to be done as equations can only do so much.

People may bag King Springs, but just like everyother spring manufacturer they do testing to ensure it is ideal. Any of the aftermarket springs will do the job, just keep in mind that the lower the kg/mm value the softer the ride will be (but if you load the car up it might end up resting on the bump stops or scrubbing)

• 1 month later...

Kings with the progressive rate spring will give you the drop you want with a nice ride.

Downside is they are shut till mid Jan for hols. I have quite a few orders to place but have to wait D'oh!!