k...sera...sera

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so dunno if u would b keen drivin all that way, but hey if u r jus let me knw....
Hehe, I'm from Brisbane ;)

Hi Morty, so you are in the UK, did u have the Sera for long? I'll go and take a pic and show you a photo, it isn't that clear, guessed it's better than nothing.

Just had the rear wheel bearings done, inner and outer, with no problem with parts.post-6092-1195894940_thumb.jpgpost-6092-1195894940_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

whateva

Hi Morty, so you are in the UK, did u have the Sera for long? I'll go and take a pic and show you a photo, it isn't that clear, guessed it's better than nothing.

Just had the rear wheel bearings done, inner and outer, with no problem with parts.post-6092-1195894940_thumb.jpgpost-6092-1195894940_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

whateva

That is such a sexy looking car what kind of engine is under the bonnet?

Cheers,

whateva

only a standard 1.6, it goes well, that's what matters, can't afford speeding fine. :yahoo:

Cheers,

whateva

only a standard 1.6, it goes well, that's what matters, can't afford speeding fine. :yahoo:

Ah yea well thats import. Besides IMHO if you have a unique car it doesn't matter how fast it goes. You should come to the next meet here in Perth and show it off!

Cheers,

whateva

Ah yea well thats import. Besides IMHO if you have a unique car it doesn't matter how fast it goes. You should come to the next meet here in Perth and show it off!

might consider about it, let me know when is da meeting, where is it>

I love these cars looks, but without the turbo engine transplant they are deathly slow (in auto anyway)

In my past life when i had a 1981 Subaru Leone i have an auto one and dusted it quite well....still love them though!

Keep your eye on the club's meets and events forum therell be one in a month or so, i'll send you me email addy if you've got MSN and I'll let you know!

:whistling: that's cool mate.

hey, does anybody know anybody who might be interested, in a Honda CRX? Got one for sale 1986, cool car, i noe it's not a Toyota, i thought will give it a go and c. I am from WA though... :toast:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi I am listing my Toyota Sera shortly, probably through the Trading Post....details are...Toyota Sera, Gullwing Doors, 1993, Phase III Version, Automatic with O/D, Silver, Excellent Condition, Paintwork near perfect, Very Economical, Regularly Serviced with Service History, Qld Registered Feb 2009, RWC, Rare Collectors Car....there are only a few Phase III Sera's in Australia,most are the earlier 89-91 Phase I & II models. Has Original "Snazzy" Carpets, Centre Cubby, Roof Inserts, Parking Sensor, Spoiler with internal Brakelight.

I have owned this Sera for the past 4+ years and it has run perfectly, previously to me it was owned by a lady in Sydney. I am after $12000 for it, it is currently Comprehensively insured for $15000. Car is located on the Gold Coast Qld. Happy to supply more photos if required.

post-11112-1227596076_thumb.jpg

Edited by thequeen

• 1 month later...
Hi I am listing my Toyota Sera shortly, probably through the Trading Post....details are...Toyota Sera, Gullwing Doors, 1993, Phase III Version, Automatic with O/D, Silver, Excellent Condition, Paintwork near perfect, Very Economical, Regularly Serviced with Service History, Qld Registered Feb 2009, RWC, Rare Collectors Car....there are only a few Phase III Sera's in Australia,most are the earlier 89-91 Phase I & II models. Has Original "Snazzy" Carpets, Centre Cubby, Roof Inserts, Parking Sensor, Spoiler with internal Brakelight.

I have owned this Sera for the past 4+ years and it has run perfectly, previously to me it was owned by a lady in Sydney. I am after $12000 for it, it is currently Comprehensively insured for $15000. Car is located on the Gold Coast Qld. Happy to supply more photos if required.

have u sold ur Sera?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been a few years since I visited, but I thought I'd check in and say hello because I still have the same Sera that my wife bought 9 years ago.

It's blowing and leaking a bit of oil at the moment, so I'm considering a 4E-FTE transplant or even a hybrid 5E-FHTE engine.

This has put me into research mode and how I re-found this forum that I signed up to 5 years ago!

Maybe I'll increase my average post rate to more than once every 18 months :)

Any other Sera owners in Sydney, give me a shout.

Graham.

• 2 years later...
ROFL - just re-found this post again - now it's been 3 years instead of just 1.5.

I still have our sera - it's now been 13 years of ownership and I did the turbo conversion. Woo hoo. :)

This is a recommended mod in a big way, especially on an automatic. Why did it take me so long?

Power is up about 20% but it's 200% more fun to drive.

I'll admit, lag is very noticeable with the auto so getting the car moving is slow, but as soon as you reach 10kph, boost starts to build and acceleration is smooth and firm. I did spring an air leak on the manifold which caused the car to idle at almost 2,000rpm. This eliminated the lag issue and even chirped wheels on take off :)

As for performance statistics, I haven't measured it on the drag strip, but it has enough power to spin the wheels (while cornering) and my guess at 1/4 mile times is an improvement from 20 seconds to 16. Traffic light grand prix shows this auto 1.3 turbo to be as fast as a 1.6L manual Satria GTI.

My conversion method - I was lucky to find a wrecked Sera at a wholesaler auction - it already had the conversion with an EP82 4EFTE and the whole car was cheaper than a front cut. I found someone to swap the engine over, keeping the Sera's auto and we also had to change the plug on the knock sensor wiring, extended the wiring on the intake temp sensor, fitted the exhaust and plugged in the 4EFTE manual ECU.

I may have made that sound easy - I didn't do much of the heavy work, the great mechanic did all of the hard stuff and I just helped as much as I could.

Onto the road it went and then I found out the seals in the turbo were blown :(

Luckily it was simple to replace, I even did it myself :)

Last things were engineering certificate, convert top mount to front mount and now the job is done.

I got lots of help & info from the people over at AuStarletClub.com so recommend them for specific Starlet or 4E/5E engine related info.

If you want to see my (wife's) car, check it out at Toyotafest October 6th 2013 at Castle Hill.

(The website hasn't yet been updated, but stay tuned if you're interested, or look for threads on Toymods forums: http://www.toyotafest.org.au/)

Cheers!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, congratulations.

How's the Sera going?

I know of two people who recently obtained a Sera in Sydney - one got a door from me end of last year and the other a mirror just last weekend.

Are either of those you? :)

Share up some photos of your car - I love seeing any Sera that's being kept on the road.

• 4 weeks later...

no none of those people are me I live in Rockhampton

I am working to repair this sera to original

it is great to drive at night it feels like your flying a plane

Edited by Gladgaza

I find then a fancy and enjoyable to drive a great small motor and cheap on petrol

having fun rebuilding it to what we want wouldn't sell it at the moment