Clicking noise friom zre (help)

Hi guys, the missus has got a base model zre 08. Now my problem is, that when she reverses out of the drive way it makes a loud "click/tink" noise. Also weve noticed that recently when she accelerates (could just touch the accelerator) it makes a click/tink noise as well.

While shes driving i dont think it makes the sound continuously, just within the first second or two of first applying pressure on the accelerator.

It sounds towards the back of the motor.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Going to ring up TOYO soon but just wanted to know what you guys might think.

Thanks

I have clicking in the front left when wheels a slightly turned and just taking off and thats it..

also clicking which feels like its the steering wheel or just behind it, same as above,only when just turning wheel to take off..

Ascendant rice had the same and Toyota replaced his drive shaft and steering i think,under warranty.. Iam going to ask about it too

I have clicking in the front left when wheels a slightly turned and just taking off and thats it..

also clicking which feels like its the steering wheel or just behind it, same as above,only when just turning wheel to take off..

Ascendant rice had the same and Toyota replaced his drive shaft and steering i think,under warranty.. Iam going to ask about it too

yeah they said this is a common problem but it isnt dangerous so no recall was issued.

I remember reading the post a couple of months ago...I have a 09 auto and I get a similar noise when starting to reverse and turn, or come out of reverse and turn.

It doesn't happen all the time, it's kind of a click sound as if the steering isn't enagaging properly or the front wheel drive stuff does grab or something.

It isn't loud but I'm going in for a service late Jan and will ask the guys at Sutherland - Stewart Toyota when I take it in.