Aurion Stereo

croatiaboi

Hi guys, just got a problem with my factory sx6 stereo. I went to reconnect my amp and subs this afternoon, i had the amp power cable just disconnected from the battery terminal, because i had to get a new alternator from toyota cause mine **** itself, the subs and amp were working before.

When i connected the amp back up n turned the cd player on it turned on but no volume is comming from the speakers at all. The speakers are connected to the heasd unit and arn't runnign off the amp. I tryed disconnecting it again n turning the cd player on to see if the speakers would work that way but still nothing. Im thinking it could be a blown fuse of some sort but not sure which one.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Tom

Well if you say your speakers are just running off the head unit and you are getting no sound when your head unit is on and playing music, then something is wrong with either the head unit or speakers. I would rule out speakers initially because having all 6 blow would be seriously unlucky. I don't think it is fuse related because your stereo wouldn't turn on at all if that were the case.

On the blown speaker topic, you would have your amp running off a line out converter right. If that's the case, even if your speakers were blown, you would still get some bass at least. If you got no bass, this takes us back to step one where I would think your stereo is stuffed.

Yeah im getting nothing, i tryed to turn it on again just now and u can hear the music if u have the volume very low, like under 10 on the standard unit then if i tryed to turn it on any higher it would crackle the speakers and then no sound at all.

Thats Djkor, problem is fixed, 1 of the converter wires wasnt connected to the speaker wire, i connected it back up and now all the speakers are working great.... sighhh, subs still not working though and there is no power to the amp, iv checked all the wiring and all seems good, could that possibly be a fuse problem ie: the fuse on the power supply or iv also got 2 other fuses on the amp itself

Thats Djkor, problem is fixed, 1 of the converter wires wasnt connected to the speaker wire, i connected it back up and now all the speakers are working great....

That's good then. Simple troubleshooting.

subs still not working though and there is no power to the amp, iv checked all the wiring and all seems good, could that possibly be a fuse problem ie: the fuse on the power supply or iv also got 2 other fuses on the amp itself

Two possible causes:

1) Main fuse is blown (the one on the power cable to your sub). Should be close to the battery and it large to visually inspect with ease. Have a look at that first.

2) Your amp is not getting it's 'trigger' power. How did you acheive this? Did you wire the trigger wire to the accessories socket? If so, the fuse there has most likely blown. This will be on the inside fuse panel behind the glove box. Fuse will either be the one labelled "CIG" or "PWR OUTLET" for front and rear respectively. I've had mine blow a couple of times before.