HID's On Current Shape Kluger

GTiR88

Anyone here install HID's on their Kluger?? the current shape Kluger???

I'm waiting on delivery of a 2010 Grande... currently driving Corolla Levin ZR and loving the Xenons...

just hoping to convert the Grande as well.... if so... can you please advise where to buy and how to fit????

also... are these legal?... i don't see why they would be illegal... cos my corolla has them has factory....

anyways... any help would be awesome

cheers guys!!

I've fitted HID's to a Gen 2 Kluger. They are extremely easy to fit because you have so much room available in the engine bay to work around. Placement of the ballasts are easy as well because it is so open and can be attached to numerous places. Just use your head. There is no need to do a DIY guide for it because it really is that simple.

As for obtaining them, personally I'd recommend eBay because it is cheap, and the kits are of a decent quality. Most of them are all the same so just choose a buyer which looks trustworthy. No need to spend crazy amounts either. Under $100 shipped is the way to go.

Now for the serious side of it:

also... are these legal?... i don't see why they would be illegal... cos my corolla has them has factory....

No they are not legal. The only time fitting HID's is legal is when you are fitting the OEM HID's to a car that has HID's as an option. This includes the auto-levelling stuff and the headlight washers. Since the Kluger did not have a HID option, there is no OEM kit and it is therefore illegal. On that topic, if a car has HID's as an option in a higher grade, simply fitting a HID conversion kit to the headlights of a lower grade of the same car will still be illegal. You have to fit the the exact same ones as the higher grade, including all extras that come as part of it.

Secondly, HID's in the Kluger's reflector housing are really glaring. This can be really annoying to other road users and can even lead to a defect if a cop gets you.

I would advise not to put in HID's, but that statement won't really sway anyone's opinion especially when it's something you want.

Thanks for the info! Since they are not legal I don't think it'd be wise to install them to a $58000 car. Rather be fully insured then have bright lights! Lol!