Faulty Aurion Presara light bulbs

Harvs73

Recently we have been having dramas with the moving headlight on the Presara. The left headlight bulb would dim right down at start up and stay that way, when restarted at a later time it would go back to normal brightness then at other times the bulb would not work at all. We took it to Toyota and they could not find the fault, luckily the helpful guy we have come to know mentioned that he had a Toyota known fault alert that listed the exact same problem. It seems that once again Toyota has manged to buy faulty parts and passed them onto consumers then failed to tell anyone about it when they discovered it.

These bulbs aparantly cost around $500!!!!! Luckily our car is still under warranty and it will be replaced for free.

So if you have this problem with your Presara take it in and get the bulb replaced for free if it is under warranty or make sure it gets tested!

These bulbs aparantly cost around $500!!!!! Luckily our car is still under warranty and it will be replaced for free.

So if you have this problem with your Presara take it in and get the bulb replaced for free if it is under warranty or make sure it gets tested!

Thats dealership pricing - you can get them over the net cheaper (like $100 a pair i think) - or get autobarn or repco to order them in :)

Edited by Mitch_

Thats dealership pricing - you can get them over the net cheaper (like $100 a pair i think) - or get autobarn or repco to order them in :)

Plus by getting your own, you can get more blue ones like 6000k for a good balance between looks and functionality or 8000k for style.

Also, don't order through a retail store. You will end up paying more than what you can get by buying them directly online.

Plus by getting your own, you can get more blue ones like 6000k for a good balance between looks and functionality or 8000k for style.

Also, don't order through a retail store. You will end up paying more than what you can get by buying them directly online.

I've got some 4900K in my BMW... wierd number and i think phillips discontinued the bulb :(

4300K is about the best output - but looks lame haha

• 2 years later...
Thats dealership pricing - you can get them over the net cheaper (like $100 a pair i think) - or get autobarn or repco to order them in smile.gif

Do you have an online website that I can purchase this from?

Thanks