White clouding from a/c

Plytme

Hi all, hoping for some direction, had the a/c running today and a white smoke like air was coming from the airvents. Def was not smoke as no smell. Any suggestions/answers?

Also now have issue with fuel/air?. Car wont stationary rev past 2.5k RPM and wont drive over 2k RPM? Car is turbo'd. Poss big ECU/sensor issues?

Did it disappear after several seconds or as the air temperature changed?

I'm not sure the exact dynamics about it but it's something to do with water vapour in the air. I wouldn't be panicing unless it did smell like burning.

Sometimes during takeoff on a commercial airliner, you can see the same effect in the air conditioning stream flowing like a smoke curtain from the ceiling to the floor on the inner sides of the plane.

Similar to opening the freezer as well. It's a form of condensation that's somewhat different.

If the conditions are right, it can get even more serious looking:

PAL_2--large-msg-121476020108.jpg

PAL_1--large-msg-121476019255.jpg

PAL_2--large-msg-121476020108.jpg

Hi all, hoping for some direction, had the a/c running today and a white smoke like air was coming from the airvents. Def was not smoke as no smell. Any suggestions/answers?

Also now have issue with fuel/air?. Car wont stationary rev past 2.5k RPM and wont drive over 2k RPM? Car is turbo'd. Poss big ECU/sensor issues?

:o turbo zre???? show us soem pic sof your engine bay!!!!! how much it cost to do omg!

Did it disappear after several seconds or as the air temperature changed?

I'm not sure the exact dynamics about it but it's something to do with water vapour in the air.

Warm air can hold lots of moisture, cold air can't. Basically you get cold dry air from the air-conditioner mixing with warm humid air inside the car. This causes localised temperature drops around the initial stream of air, which drops the amount of moisture that air can hold, thus this moisture forms as condensation/mist. Once the temperature and humidity of the cabin approaches that of the stream of air coming from the vents, the mist disappears. Same physics (but with some different mechanics) behind why your windscreen/bathroom mirror fogs up, and why you can do dragons breath in cold weather.

hi guys,

Thanks for the replies on the a/c issues. All makes sense now it has been pointed out. I thought it may be something like that but thought it better to check. :-)

I post some pics in members ride over the weekend with engine bay pics of the turbo etc. Its hard to get clear pics of the back of the engine with the way it leans back towards the fire wall. Will do my best to get a clear shot. I have some top engine shots in the gallery but they just show the BOV.