Making my ZRE Sedan Hot

Jazz926

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice eyeliners/eyelids

Billet Grill

(im not that much of a fan of it, but some people may be)

Smoked Foggies

Front lip - Japan, Polyurethane

_good price i think for poly and cheap shipping from Japan

This rear skirt is ABS should match well

Hi Mate,

thanks for the links.

The front lip is pretty damn good looking, definitely worth looking into since Talon don't have the XRS kit for a while.

However, I am not a big fan of smoked foggies lol.

What I am considering doing at the moment, is just to get the fog lights and spoiler done, so it looks like an Conquest, than when Talon finally get the Kits in, I will get that :)

Depending on the ETA on the kits from Talon, I might so go grab the Wheels first.

Ha! seems smoked foggies arnt liked by many. Im not too keen on them either, but depends what style your going for. A "stealth" look would be good, if your car is that charcoal colour. Also, is the Talon kit fibreglass or ABS or Polyuerthane? Personally i wouldnt touch fiberglass...

I think that JDm front lip is quite nice, very "modellista" like, and a bloody good price.

Glad to be of some help.

Ha! seems smoked foggies arnt liked by many. Im not too keen on them either, but depends what style your going for. A "stealth" look would be good, if your car is that charcoal colour. Also, is the Talon kit fibreglass or ABS or Polyuerthane? Personally i wouldnt touch fiberglass...

I think that JDm front lip is quite nice, very "modellista" like, and a bloody good price.

Glad to be of some help.

Hi Dutchie.

I believe the body kit that is being offered by Talon is made from ABS plastic.

Yeah mate, the pricing is very damn tempting, also in regards to the spoiler I don't think they have my colour which is "Graphite"

I noticed that they have Magnetic grey as an paint option, but I am not too sure if its the same as my "Graphite"

Lol, I just answered my own question.

For anyone interested, Graphite grey and the American Magnetic grey are exactly the same, according to this post.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...mode=linearplus

and this website http://www.cardata.com/spoilers/Toyota_spo...la_spoilers.htm

I think I might go ahead and order those spoilers, will mate to see if my mate wanna order his Mazda 3 lip off them as well to save some shipping cost. ;)

The same folks also offer this different front lip

K-Style

PU40F_07_Corolla_K_frontlip2.JPG

I prefer the first one i spied:

D-Style

PU10F_07_Corolla_D_Frontlip.jpg

And a rear window spoiler

Although, the roof spoiler is fiberglass. I cant see much of an issue with the fiberglass in this application. Should be fine. Just make sure you use a good polyurethane to stick it down, like Sikaflex. I had my rear window spoiler on the Beemer fly off at 140kpm and i was using the best 3M tape for the application. It actually sheared the tape in half. After a fully laden truck dodged it when it went flying and i had it re-painted :) With the Sikaflex, shes all good.

Dutchie,

Shipping of the above ZRE sedan kit from Japan is super expensive.

Check out the existing ZRE Sedan thread HERE with more pics and prices.

Yeah they are a bit steep.

Shire.ZRE, Did you ended up getting your kit? if so which one?

I am still in two minds in regards to the Philips crystal vision, I have heard mixed review so far. some of said they are great and some says they are not as good as the stock bulbs.

Can anyone confirm which is true?

I don't really want to go HID.

US$100 isnt steep postage. thats about right if not cheap! I wouldnt complain. My modellista Front and rear skirt ended up near AU$600 fpr shipping, plus customs duty(we wont talk about that now <_< grrrrr)

Crystalvisions, Im happy with mine.

Hi Mate,

I decided not to get any bodykit for the ZRE as I stopped doing any modifications to it given that it is only being used by my wife to drop the kids to school and back ;)

This is not the first car I used the Crystal Vision with and they're a great set of bulbs for Lo Beam. I can't say the same about any of the Phillips bulbs in terms of Hi beam, so that is why I left the Hi beam bulbs as standard.

The problem with the ZRE corolla is that it has 2 separate bulbs, one fo Lo and one for Hi beam, had it been one bulb, it would have been a good idea to upgrade to HID that has Lo-Hi Beam auto switching and there are some very good aftermarket HID kits on the market. I use HID on my Nissan xtrail and they are superb and don't blind other drivers. It doesn't make them road legal of course, as all cars equipped with HID must have auto-levelling at the very least.

US$100 isnt steep postage. thats about right if not cheap! I wouldnt complain. My modellista Front and rear skirt ended up near AU$600 fpr shipping, plus customs duty(we wont talk about that now <_< grrrrr)

Crystalvisions, Im happy with mine.

$100 bucks US shipping for the front lip only which they will fold in half and post to you in an soft bag of some sort, is a rip off. This bodykit is the flexi type and the only way they can ship it from Japan is by folding it in half ;)

Not the greatest of products but I guess you get what you pay for.

Just a quick update to my car.

As I mentioned in another thread that I got my scuff plates done,

well here are some pics :)

Brand new Rolla/Mazda 3 Scuff plates

IMG_2296.jpg

Front Scuff plates

IMG_2301.jpg

Rear Scuff plates

IMG_2299.jpg

My car itself, stock as stock can be!

IMG_2297.jpg

Hi Mate,

I decided not to get any bodykit for the ZRE as I stopped doing any modifications to it given that it is only being used by my wife to drop the kids to school and back ;)

This is not the first car I used the Crystal Vision with and they're a great set of bulbs for Lo Beam. I can't say the same about any of the Phillips bulbs in terms of Hi beam, so that is why I left the Hi beam bulbs as standard.

The problem with the ZRE corolla is that it has 2 separate bulbs, one fo Lo and one for Hi beam, had it been one bulb, it would have been a good idea to upgrade to HID that has Lo-Hi Beam auto switching and there are some very good aftermarket HID kits on the market. I use HID on my Nissan xtrail and they are superb and don't blind other drivers. It doesn't make them road legal of course, as all cars equipped with HID must have auto-levelling at the very least.

Speaking about legality of lights.

I was wondering is it legal to have both white bulbs (Philips Crystal vision) and White Super Bright T10 LED for parkers?

cause a mate of mine claimed that its illegal to have both as white lights, can anyone confirm if this is the case?

No issues with them being white at all, as long as they are not BLUE!

I just got something for the ZRE from the US which I think you gonna like when you see it on the car ;) Will update my member rides thread with pic when I get it.

PU is fine to bend, it will re-straighten. And there is nothing wrong with PU. Although, i would personally pay extra to have it shipped flat. I would expect to pay AU$300 up for shipping tho. It really depends which company they use as to the charges, some are bloody expensive, some around 30-40% cheaper. If im really after something, i dont care what i pay for shipping, as long as i get what i want :lol:

Im running the CrystalVisions as foggeis/daylights and i have the factory 4300k HID's also using 6000k super white parkers. I would like to either upgrade the HID's to 6000k, or use 4300k parkers... but i have another headlight mod in mind that might balance out the problem ;)

Dont forget CrystalVisions come with a pair of 4300k halogen parkers free.

Edited by dutchie101

lol, ah yeah I saw that.

Are the 4300k halogen parkers any good compared to the Super bright T10 LED parkers?

Cause if they are better than my current parkers, I might as well give them a go when I get my Crystal Vision.

No issues with them being white at all, as long as they are not BLUE!

I just got something for the ZRE from the US which I think you gonna like when you see it on the car ;) Will update my member rides thread with pic when I get it.

Jalal,

can't wait to see it mate.

lol, ah yeah I saw that.

Are the 4300k halogen parkers any good compared to the Super bright T10 LED parkers?

Cause if they are better than my current parkers, I might as well give them a go when I get my Crystal Vision.

Nope, the LED parkers are MUCH brighter. I used the Phillips T10s that came with the bulbs for the number plate ;)

Ha :D i used my CrystalVision T10's as the numberplate globes too. They look pretty schmik. :)

I'm the same but you can only do this so often without feeling cheated

Yah i know, but everything from Japan direct is exy its just the way it is :)

Nope, the LED parkers are MUCH brighter.

Depends what type. I thought the single 1 or 1.5w wide angle would be great, but they suck. I ended up going for the 9 SMD (3chip) T10's. Much better spread of light, quite happy with the results. I didnt even try my CrystalVision T10's in the parkers so sorry i cant help there.

Depends what type. I thought the single 1 or 1.5w wide angle would be great, but they suck. I ended up going for the 9 SMD (3chip) T10's. Much better spread of light, quite happy with the results. I didnt even try my CrystalVision T10's in the parkers so sorry i cant help there.

Am talking about the 25 SMD T10's which are are super bright.

Jeeebus!! 25SMD's! Yeah that would be bright!!

It would be bloody hard to put 25 SMD's in the hatch headlights. They are very long, and there is bugger all room or wire length for the 9SMD as it is. If you extended the wiring, it shouldnt be too much trouble. Hopefully the sedan wiring is a little more forgiving!

lol, ah yeah I saw that.

Nope, the LED parkers are MUCH brighter. I used the Phillips T10s that came with the bulbs for the number plate ;)

I heard it was a pain in the butt to replace the rear number plate lights..... lol