Making my ZRE Sedan Hot

Jazz926

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replacing the parker lights is more pain. I didn't have any problems with the number plate bulbs at all.

Oh awesome, thats good to know :)

Also I have be meaning to ask you, where did you get your real spoiler and those conquest wheels from and how much did you pay for them?

cause Talon Body Styling quoted me $396 for the rear spoiler primed, painted and fitted.

Ah i see re T10's. I thought the were the longer ones. Still, getting those in the hatch lights would be a bit of a pain. I can see they would fit no prob, but the wiring is extremely short on mine and you can barely even get the 9SMD ones in. There just isnt enough room to move or angle the T10 once pluged in the bulb socket. I know there is no need for wiring, but extension of the wires would make it a c*p load easier :)

i have the kappa's for sales if ya interested.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=26149

Hey Cuong,

Damn I love those Kappa wheels mate.

But I am currently in two minds, not too sure if I want the Kappa or the rims that I listed in my opening post.

Shire.ZRE

What I just noticed is that SSV is currently offering the same spoiler as talon, but they are also offering another spoiler which is abit different to the OEM spoiler, which looks a little meaner or fatter. What do you guys think?

http://ssv.com.au/product.php?2410

Ordered my fog lights :P

Getting my mates mechanic friend to install them :) so that should be sweet.

But I would like to say a big thank you to Master.Cuong for offering to help me out :)

Will be ordering the Spoiler in a few weeks time, still not too sure which one I want yet.

But in the last few days, I have been looking into wheels a bit more, still unsure what suits my rolla and graphite.

Bronze Wheel

068_bronze_00.jpg

5 Spoke gun metal.

080_silver_00.jpg

One of my favourite, along with the one from the opening post

068_silver_00-1.jpg

I know wheels are down to personal preference, so what do you guys think?

Honestly, if I can't end up deciding, I might just go with the TRD wheels.

Re brake overlay. Any local signwriter/computer cut lettering dude could do that for you. Easy as. Mind you ebay may be cheaper... not sure..

Re Rims, i guess you have to work out what look your going for, JDM/track inspired, VIP, stealth etc... They should match your front and rear end too, so for me it would be dependant on a few factors... The Kappa's are nice tho.... :)

Hey Guys,

As I mentioned abit earlier, I just purchase my fog lights kits, and I am getting my friends mechanic mate to get them installed.

But I was wondering, any decent mechanic should be able to install them without too much hassle right? Because I am just a little worried that they might do some half ***** job :unsure:

Btw, for anyone interested, I ordered these.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=400104667035

Also, Master.Cuong and Shire.Zre has informed me that I will need Narva Relay for the install, but I assume the mechanic should have them at the garage anyway is that correct?

Edited by Jazz926

any auto store should be fine. auto barn or super cheap or maybe ted burson (think thats its name) correct me if wrong.

Oh cool, thanks for that.

But in regards to the installation for the headlight and the push button switch itself, I assume any decent automotive mechanic should do the install ok? Or an Auto electrician be an better place to visit for the install? it doesn't really bother me if I have to pay 100 or 150 for the install, I just want it to be done right the first time lol.

I guess I can try the install myself, but I just don't like the idea of splicing and pulling my 5 month old car myself :(

Oh forgot to ask, is there a site where I can download an installation manual for the fog light install?

Edited by Jazz926

Any auto electrician can install them for you but you just need to tell them that you want the push in switch to work exactly like the factory steering stalk switch, by that I mean when you push in the switch the fog light indicator lights up in the dash. If you pass by the SutherlandShire you may want to visit Paterson Auto Electrics as Dave was the one who installed mine, so he would know exactly what to do.

Any auto electrician can install them for you but you just need to tell them that you want the push in switch to work exactly like the factory steering stalk switch, by that I mean when you push in the switch the fog light indicator lights up in the dash. If you pass by the SutherlandShire you may want to visit Paterson Auto Electrics as Dave was the one who installed mine, so he would know exactly what to do.

Oh awesome.

Out of interest, how much is he charging for the install?

Can't remember to be honest as I posted this information a while ago as part of another fog lights thread, but I think he charged me around $90.00 if am not mistaken and the relay was included in that price.

That is a damn good price mate.

I have rang a few auto electricians around my area and there was a massive price difference between quotes.

The 3 quotes that I was given are:

$120

$160

$200!!

Regarding the last quote, the guy over the phone assume that he will need to take the front bumpers off completely.

Can anyone confirm in regards to the ZRE Sedan or Hatch weather the front bumper needs to be taken off.

Because from what I have been reading, the installation of fogs lights for the ZRE Sedan or Hatch does not require the removal of the front bumper, we will just need to pop out those black shrouds in the front and pop in the new shroud with the fog lights.

Cheers

Edited by Jazz926

As far as im aware all that would need to be removed is the hard plastic stone guard from under the car to gain access. No need to remove the bumper

As far as im aware all that would need to be removed is the hard plastic stone guard from under the car to gain access. No need to remove the bumper

Yeah, I thought as much.

Only if I can source an installation manual or guide some where, which I can provide them as well.

Yeah, I thought as much.

Only if I can source an installation manual or guide some where, which I can provide them as well.

Mate, it's not that complicated process at all, so they'll know what do without any guides.

Can't remember to be honest as I posted this information a while ago as part of another fog lights thread, but I think he charged me around $90.00 if am not mistaken and the relay was included in that price.

That is a damn good price mate.

I have rang a few auto electricians around my area and there was a massive price difference between quotes.

The 3 quotes that I was given are:

$120

$160

$200!!

Regarding the last quote, the guy over the phone assume that he will need to take the front bumpers off completely.

Can anyone confirm in regards to the ZRE Sedan or Hatch weather the front bumper needs to be taken off.

Because from what I have been reading, the installation of fogs lights for the ZRE Sedan or Hatch does not require the removal of the front bumper, we will just need to pop out those black shrouds in the front and pop in the new shroud with the fog lights.

Cheers

How are u gonna get the 2 screws out of the standard shrouds if u dont remove the front bar?? Maybe the sedan is different to the hatch. It takes me less then 5 mins MAX to remove the front bar. All the quotes u got are a LOAD OF CRAP... It doesnt even take 10 mins to wire it up!! My mates a 4th yr auto electrician and he showed me how to do it... I installed n wired up ASCENDANT RICE's (Will) foggies.... So those blokes are talking CRAP n OVER CHARGING YOU!!

Good Luck Bro...

How are u gonna get the 2 screws out of the standard shrouds if u dont remove the front bar?? Maybe the sedan is different to the hatch.

On the sedan you don't really need to remove the bumper to get to these screws, all that needs to be removed is the black plastic splash guard in front of the tyres to get to them.

You can download the installation manual for the Corolla fog lights from HERE