Making my ZRE Sedan Hot

Jazz926

How are u gonna get the 2 screws out of the standard shrouds if u dont remove the front bar?? Maybe the sedan is different to the hatch.

On the sedan you don't really need to remove the bumper to get to these screws, all that needs to be removed is the black plastic splash guard in front of the tyres to get to them.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I will go out a bit later to check it out, its so flapping hot at the moment.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have edited my previous reply to include a link from where you can download the installation manual for the foggies.

Oh thats awesome mate.

I will probably give it a go myself before taking it an auto electrician.

Just a quick update.

My fogs lights arrived today :P

It arrived damn quick! especially since it was shipped out from QLD.

I will install the lights myself, but will get my mate's mechanic friend to do the wiring for the switch and etc.

Just a quick update.

I will install the lights myself, but will get my mate's mechanic friend to do the wiring for the switch and etc.

good luck with it mate.

Just a quick update.

good luck with it mate.

Thanks mate.

After getting these fogs lights done.

I am planning on ordering the rear spoiler as well as the slim line weather shields for front and rear.

I found a few Slimline weather shields on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...IT#ht_734wt_958

What do you guys think?

If you guys think those are ok, I will make an order tomorrow :)

Edited by Jazz926

I picked up mine from THIS guy at Croydon Park and they fit perfectly, so why wait to get them all the way from Hong Kong for almost the same price?

Oh awesome mate.

Thanks heaps.

And Seeing them on your ZRE is a good assurance :)

Hey guys just reporting back :)

Finished installing my fog lights today, and I am quite happy with the install and the end result.

I was pretty damn surprised how fog lights can make the front of the car look so much better.

Pics are as below.

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

Now to my next mod, my mates mechanic friend has offered me mates rate for a HID install, his charging $200 for the installation and for the HID kit, which imho is pretty damn sweet.

I was wondering if you guys think HID is a good idea at all, I think my biggest worry is that I might get pull over by cops and get hit with a defect. I believe it was an HID 6000k kit, which is white light and not blue, so what do you guys think?

As long as you're not going above 6000k HIDs and make sure it's the right beam level (not sitting too high), should be fine with the cops.

Edit: Agree with Thom, you can get HIDs kits for cheap and Syd guys, I'm sure would help you out with DIY install!

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

I was wondering if you guys think HID is a good idea at all, I think my biggest worry is that I might get pull over by cops and get hit with a defect. I believe it was an HID 6000k kit, which is white light and not blue, so what do you guys think?

Hey man 200 is abit steep imo, Wy (GTL05T) Got me my kit for $48.00 Delivered 6000k and took him 5 mins to install.

Heres a pic of the 6000k, i havnt been pulled over yet driving past many cops with my lights aimed at the higest setting.

19341_281061822110_602282110_4001008_3920913_n.jpg

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the heads up.

Just a quick question though, I noticed that on the ZRE Hatch Corolla has project in the head lamp, whereas the Sedan doesn't. I assume this makes getting HID an bad idea?

Just a quick question, have anyone bought any HID Kit off eBay yet? I have seen some darn cheap one on eBay.

Edited by Jazz926

Just a quick question, have anyone bought any HID Kit off eBay yet? I have seen some darn cheap one on eBay.

i got my kits off ebay and mine are still running sweet after 2 years, not bad for a $80 set off ebay im running 6000k for low beams, i was running 8000k a while back but found it crap in the rain, 6000k is just about right

i got my kits off ebay and mine are still running sweet after 2 years, not bad for a $80 set off ebay im running 6000k for low beams, i was running 8000k a while back but found it crap in the rain, 6000k is just about right

Oh awesome.

Which eBay 6000k kit would you guys recommend? or are they practically the same?

Edited by Jazz926

Hi Guys,

So far I can see the responses about the HID coming back from ZRE Hatch owners (unless I am mistaken) and I do believe the headlight lens is quite different between the ZRE Sedan and Hatch. The hatch does have projector type lens which makes installing HIDs in it a good idea, however the ZRE sedan has a Reflector type of lens which makes fitting the HID a bit risky as the light can spread all over the place, therefore annoying the hell out of oncoming traffic (and cops).

That is true, ZRE hatches have projectors whereas the sedans don't so you'd think it's not the go. But saying that, I've seen ZRE sedans with HIDs on the road. They were bright but as long as you adjust it down a bit (so it's not bright for oncoming cars but you can see ahead), I think it should be ok?

Peter.

The way I see it is that if you don't get a straight and precise cut off line of the beam with the HIDs, there is no point in fitting them because they will achieve very little apart from looking super bright to oncoming traffic but the distance the beam can travel will be very short and far less concentrated than the factory halogens. I have tested that in my own Nissan x-trail which also has a reflector lens, but it has hi and lo beam in a single bulb. Only one of the HID kits from the entire HID kits on the market produced a straight and precise cut off line of the beam and that was the HID kit that had auto switching between hi and lo beam in the same bulb.

If any of you ZRE hatch owners can park in front of a wall and/or a garage and take pics of the cut off line of the beam, you can easily tell how effective the HID is, the same applies to any ZRE sedan owner who fitted HIDs, so we can compare.

Here are some pics of the HID kit I have in my Nissan X-Trail:

Here is the cut-off line in Low Beam:

dscn0852fy5.th.jpg

Here is the cut-off line in High Beam:

dscn0853as4.th.jpg

Hi Jalal,

I see what you mean not mate. Thanks for the clarification.

Guess I am better off with the Philips Crystal Vision 4300k.

I will leave my stock bulbs alone for now. I will be getting the slimline weather shield as shown by Jalal earlier and the spoiler in the next week or two.

Modding is damn addictive!

Edited by Jazz926

Oh awesome.

Which eBay 6000k kit would you guys recommend? or are they practically the same?

i recomend getting in touch with GTL05T

EDIT: If the whole reflector thing is bothering you these could always be an option

HL-TY-Corolla-08-CCFL-Pro-BKa.jpg

Edited by Ascendant Rice

EDIT: If the whole reflector thing is bothering you these could always be an option

HL-TY-Corolla-08-CCFL-Pro-BKa.jpg

I think this thread has covered every possible ZRE Corolla topic combined and we seem to be discussing topics that have been already covered off in other existing threads....

You have already mentioned the ZRE sedan headlights HERE but after further research and while I ordered a set, the factory in Taiwan came back saying that they only manufacture them for the US market, meaning for LHD (left hand drive) cars and that they are not suitable for our RHD Corollas.

I am still waiting to find these headlights for the RHD ZRE sedans, so if you do come across them, give us a yell.