TRD suspension

toplevel

hey guys i wanted to purchase TRD suspension for my aurion zr6 but im not quite sure were to get it from i live in perth and i just wanted any1s advice on were to get the best deals from and i want it properly installed (very good job)

i heard there's a good place in myaree but i dont kno the name of the shop or anything like that any help thx

More specifically, TRD Aurion suspension, or TRD springs (the red ones)? If it's the former, there is one place only to get them.... Toyota. The retail for the springs and shocks are around $1600 in total and can be had for cheaper depending how well you know your dealer.

For the latter, you would be looking at ordering them from the States. They aren't a local item.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing the same thing here. I'll put in a call to Toyota here and get a quote. From your experience Daryl, do you think the TRD set up is the way to go or a set of good coilovers. I'm looking for the best handling possible.

If it's any indication about what I think of the TRD Aurion suspension.... I'm considering getting some Pedders coilovers (there in an FFFFFUUUU to Ray if you read this). TRD was definitely an improvement, but it will most likely leave you wanting more out of them. Best to spend right the first time if you don't like mucking around.

Yeah I'm thinking of going for the Pedders too or maybe the BC that keep appearing on eBay. Fulcrum couldn't give me a straight yes or no whether they'd fit and said they'd need to take off a leg and send it away to check it out. I can't afford the time off the road and $3500 just seems like a stupid amount of money to spend. That's almost 15% of what I paid for my car and I can't justify that until I buy a house.

Wow nice job. What did they originally quote you? How much do they improve your handling?

1st time quoted $1862 fitted (included wheel alignment) and i didn't ring them i was standing in front of the guy at the store...and they improve the handling by this much (arms stretched out wide)

btw...most phone quotes really suck from suspension & wheel/tyre shops,they seem to just spew out any old figure over the phone,go in and haggle and if need be i will post a picture of my reciept and you can show the other Pedders stores how much it should really be. :D $2500pffff :angry:

Good to hear the handling has improved a lot. It'd be great if you could post their receipt. They gave me another quote for $2000.40 today over the phone.

Extreme Coilovers: $1600.00

Fitting: $290.40

4 Wheel Alignment: $110.00

I suppose that does make things a bit easier to swallow. Where abouts did you get yours done?

Good to hear the handling has improved a lot. It'd be great if you could post their receipt. They gave me another quote for $2000.40 today over the phone.

Extreme Coilovers: $1600.00

Fitting: $290.40

4 Wheel Alignment: $110.00

I suppose that does make things a bit easier to swallow. Where abouts did you get yours done?

Well $2000 all up sounds much better,maybe try and crunch em a bit more but it's only a $138 more than what i paid so it seems ok. :)

You know.... I probably will. Will be away for work for the next 6-7 weeks so will think about getting it after that.

Would also only drop it a further 10mm or so that what it is currently because I don't think too low will be suitable for my everyday driving.

... btw do u kno if u can possibly adjust the height of the springs by remote

Not with these coilovers. I've never heard of coilovers that can do such a thing... unless you are talking about AirForce coilovers which is like half air-bag, half-coilover.

Otherwise, if you are referring to adjusting the dampening etc via remote, you can try using a Tein remote adjuster as it may be able to work with the Pedders (or at least with a few modifications).

What's the difference between half air bag coil overs with full airbags?

The product I was referring to were the air tank cylinder system by Air Force Suspension. More details can be seen here.

Basically, the difference is that these are a coilover with an 'air tank' on it that is similar to having air bags. This means when the air is let out of the cylinder, the car pretty much like it would be if it had just coilovers. The air tank though allows you to then raise your car up to get over speed bumps etc. It's only really intended for that purpose.

Air bags on the other hand don't have a the spring and shock assembly like the air tank system. These rely purely on the air in the air bag to maintain ride height and softness.

What's an EDFC Tein? Just curious... <_<

With adjustable coilovers, you have a little tab on the top in which a knob can be attached to so that you can adjust the rebound/dampening. The EDFC system is basically a motor that attaches to the top of each coilover and replaces the need to manually turn a knob. You can then do this remotely from the comfort of your drivers seat. Since the top of the Pedders coilovers are kind of similar to the Tein ones, I would imagine with a little bit of creativity, you may be able to get the EDFC to control the Pedders.

Just a quick update on the price...i was at Pedders today and mentioned some of the prices you guys have been quoted,he didn't seem shocked at all and told me they did trade price for me for stuffing me around with my original shock absorber fit...so he reckons $2000 fitted is very fair. :)

Thought this might help a few of you guys if and when it comes time to purchase,and i prolly shoudn't post a picture of the reciept in case he cops any crap from other store owners,after all they look after me no end.

just a quick note on those air force air bag coilovers... the last email i received from air force was that they are discontinuing that design... but in saying that, their english (engrish?) is beyond shocking!!! so i could have misunderstood them...