TRD suspension

toplevel

Hey guys, just doing my usual eBay searches for my car and I have come across TRD Springs pictured here. First of all will these fit and if so do you think they will make much of a difference performance wise over the original shocks?

They are listed for about $212 USD. Is that a good price?

I was told that i had trd springs when i bought my rolla levin but there not red ????

the "trd sportivo" (japan) option springs for the zze corollas are white. the US trd springs are usually red.

I was told that i had trd springs when i bought my rolla levin but there not red ????

US ver usually Red, and Jp ver usually white. I used a set TRD sportive for Lexus ES300 before, it's better but not great.

post-18813-127281221123_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, just doing my usual eBay searches for my car and I have come across TRD Springs pictured here. First of all will these fit and if so do you think they will make much of a difference performance wise over the original shocks?

They are listed for about $212 USD. Is that a good price?

Personally, if you are going to lower your Aurion, just stay local and get some King Springs. They will give you the same outcome. Otherwise, go for Pedders.

The TRD springs are known to sag pretty badly on the rear by the way. King Springs will sag a bit at the rear, but I don't think it would be as much as the TRD springs. I'm not sure if the design is slightly different to their Pro-Kit range, but the TRD springs are said to be made by Eibach by the way.

Performance wise, on their own you will notice it handling different due to the change in ride height, but to get the most positive outcome, this should be tied in with a front strut brace and rear sway bar... which you luckily have. To get full potential, they should also be matched to a set of shocks made for lowering springs, but for day to day driving, you probably won't even notice the difference there.

What's an EDFC Tein? Just curious... <_<

With adjustable coilovers, you have a little tab on the top in which a knob can be attached to so that you can adjust the rebound/dampening. The EDFC system is basically a motor that attaches to the top of each coilover and replaces the need to manually turn a knob. You can then do this remotely from the comfort of your drivers seat. Since the top of the Pedders coilovers are kind of similar to the Tein ones, I would imagine with a little bit of creativity, you may be able to get the EDFC to control the Pedders.

I wonder how difficult it would be to further customise the EDFC to convert it to a USB system to be controlled from a carputer (bit like this dude did with his TPMS)?

mm there's every chance there the same TRD springs i have in my car lol, and yeah I’d say they sag a little bit in the rear :S on a flat surface my car sits pretty damm perfectly flat same gap in the front and rear arches, But on even a slightly unlevel surface it looks like i have a dead body in the boot lol, Sub probably doesn’t help but yeah just thought id share that with you. BUT the body control and roll is that much better its incredible it's made a huge difference to the way the car handles and steers. Better than Kings and Pedder’s? Mm maybe a little but worth the extra outlay? Maybe not!. I know if i had known about the Pedder’s Coil over kit before I changed my Suspension i would of gone that way for sure!

Guys save your money. The Aurion doesn't need these types of mods to handle. I've got strut brace, rear sway and some sticky tyres and it handles like its on rails. Each to their own i guess but unless you intend on racing it i'd say save your cash.....

Guys save your money. The Aurion doesn't need these types of mods to handle. I've got strut brace, rear sway and some sticky tyres and it handles like its on rails. Each to their own i guess but unless you intend on racing it i'd say save your cash.....

This is true as well. RSB's and FSB's actually helps quite a bit in the reduction of body roll compared to lowering springs on their own.

The thing as well is that to maintain ride comfort, aftermarket springs (like the Kings and Pedders) have a more progressive spring rate. In comparison to the stock Sportivo springs which are rather stiff all the way through their compression, these aftermarket springs are a bit soft on the initial compression and progressively get stiffer as they compress. Because of this, on the initial turn in, this softness means that the body roll isn't necessarily reduced.

This is true as well. RSB's and FSB's actually helps quite a bit in the reduction of body roll compared to lowering springs on their own.

The thing as well is that to maintain ride comfort, aftermarket springs (like the Kings and Pedders) have a more progressive spring rate. In comparison to the stock Sportivo springs which are rather stiff all the way through their compression, these aftermarket springs are a bit soft on the initial compression and progressively get stiffer as they compress. Because of this, on the initial turn in, this softness means that the body roll isn't necessarily reduced.

uhuh! My car has the Character, On the initial turn in you get a bit of roll but then it settles quickly and stays composed for the rest of the corner.

As for the 19mm anti-roll bar, how does it affect the ride quality? My car is already quite firm as it is :S

Hehehe...mines almost point & shoot,bugger all body roll in my big boat. ;)

Coilovers rock,i just wish i hadn't wasted time/money/effort on other setups,and did it this way 1st. :)

uhuh! My car has the Character, On the initial turn in you get a bit of roll but then it settles quickly and stays composed for the rest of the corner.

I didn't say that cornering ability isn't affected. There will be a difference in handling, but it isn't necessarily caused by a reduction in body roll. Okay, well the way I see it will be different, but what will be occurring is a reduction in weight transfer do to a lower centre of gravity. In the end, this equates to reduced body roll, but to look at it from this perspective, it isn't the body roll that is actively reduced by the spring (unless of course it is stiffer), it is a by-product of reduced weight transfer. Basically, just don't worry about what I've said.

As for the 19mm anti-roll bar, how does it affect the ride quality? My car is already quite firm as it is :S

It doesn't make the ride any more firm that usual until the car is pushed harder than you normal daily driving. In any situation where the both rear wheels move up and down at a fairly similar rate, there will be pretty much no difference. When one side moves more independent of the other however, then the side that has to move further away from it's 'neutral' position will be stiffer than usual.

When driving normally though, this difference is not really noticed. You will notice a difference in firmness when taking corners harder, but this doesn't translate to a lesser ride quality as comfort isn't what you are usually noticing mid turn.