Soon to be sportivo owner

twisties

hey everyone,

i've been driving a 94' (carby) dualcab hilux since i first got my license, i've got a fair bit of experience in the minitruck scene, and 4 years down the track im absoloutely sick of them!

so here i am, looking to upgrade into something with a bit more guts and handling ability, but still keen to stick with toyota.

I'm pretty sure i want a sportivo corolla, i just have 2 questions for any corolla owners out there:

1 - I ride mountain bikes a lot, im guessing it would be possible to fold the back seats down and fit one it, but can anyone confirm that?

2 - what are you guys doing for more torque? I've been reading through and CAI's seem to be the most popular mod on here. having never owned an EFI i'm going to ask - can chips/remaps help shift the power curve to providing more torque? forgive me if this is a ridiculous question, i'm not very learned in this area :D

oh, and while i'm here, at home this forum works fine for me, but for some reason when i'm at work i can only see the first post in a thread, and all the replies appear as little links underneath the first post, and i have to open each one individualy. does anyone know how to change that?

i've provided a screenshot to show you what i mean.

thanks for reading my life story! :)

tristan

post-17908-1267135992_thumb.jpg

My record is three carbon road bikes in the corolla, and still had a rear passenger on a seat in the back. that was with all wheels off.

that said, you need a cargo mat, they are invaluable for the number of times i forget to close my water bottle and fluid goes everywhere.

whitestivo

whitestivo - thanks mate, that makes me feel a lot more confident hahah.

blackdevil - thanks for that! i've changed every other setting on here trying to work it out, it's been driving me nuts!

and for the record, disregard my question about torque etc - i spent a good 2 hours at work today reading through various threads, i think i've got my head around it now :)

hey everyone,

i've been driving a 94' (carby) dualcab hilux since i first got my license, i've got a fair bit of experience in the minitruck scene, and 4 years down the track im absoloutely sick of them!

so here i am, looking to upgrade into something with a bit more guts and handling ability, but still keen to stick with toyota.

I'm pretty sure i want a sportivo corolla, i just have 2 questions for any corolla owners out there:

1 - I ride mountain bikes a lot, im guessing it would be possible to fold the back seats down and fit one it, but can anyone confirm that?

2 - what are you guys doing for more torque? I've been reading through and CAI's seem to be the most popular mod on here. having never owned an EFI i'm going to ask - can chips/remaps help shift the power curve to providing more torque? forgive me if this is a ridiculous question, i'm not very learned in this area :D

oh, and while i'm here, at home this forum works fine for me, but for some reason when i'm at work i can only see the first post in a thread, and all the replies appear as little links underneath the first post, and i have to open each one individualy. does anyone know how to change that?

i've provided a screenshot to show you what i mean.

thanks for reading my life story! :)

tristan

If you want more torque go the ported headers it helps with the torque hole between 4000-6000 rpm