Spark Plugs for 2005 Sportivo

Im geting new spark plugs for my ride can anyone tell me what is the best to get? im doing this tomorrow so your feed back urgently would be great and i have not searched the archives as i am currently running dial up lol

I use ngk on mine... The ones on them were prolly the original ones... So there was a little bit of improvement ( due to normal wear on them). Just get watevas cheaper

Edit: oh yeah make sure they r iridiums as well :)

Edited by Kenshin X

Just a question,

what is the part no. for NGK Iridiums that fit our cars? for 1zz?

I am thinking of getting new plugs to keep the intake charge down a little bit (if this is right)

Evo

The Denso Iridium power part number is IK20. Have actualyl seen the spark between the two , the Deso ones are definitely much more stronger. i think u can get them from ebay and should be about the same price as the NGKs.

Definitely stock plugs, they will be the cheapest and the most effective.

There is no magic in "performance" plugs, and any gains you get will just be a placebo (which is rarely enough to offset the hole in your wallet). If the magic plugs really gave you +10 Power then you can bet your left nut (or lady equivalent) that they would be standard equipment. Manufacturers try damn hard to milk every last bit of efficiency out of their engines, mostly in the name of fuel economy, and if a simple plug could do it, they would.

Iridium/platinum plugs are increasingly becoming standard equipment, along with synthetic oils, not because they give any performance increase, but because they allow longer service intervals (Iridium plugs can last well over 100,000kms before they wear out, compared to about 30,000kms for standard plugs).

If you want to buy Super4's or Iridium IX's at $25 a pop, be my guest, you won't break your engine or anything, but know you could have gotten exactly the same effect for about 1/4 of the price by getting genuine. Also your mechanic is less likely to snigger at you when you take your car in for it's next service.

If you want to buy Super4's or Iridium IX's at $25 a pop, be my guest, you won't break your engine or anything, but know you could have gotten exactly the same effect for about 1/4 of the price by getting genuine.

Sportivo genuine is iridium :whistling:

Sportivo genuine is iridium :whistling:

As I mentioned, more and more factory gear is becoming iridium/platimum for the extended service intervals, and you can buy aftermarket long-life iridium plugs for close to what you'll pay for genuine, but usually it'll still be more expensive.

You'll then find that Bosch/NGK/etc have a whole lineup of products, most of which are iridium/platinum, but some of them they'll charge 4 times the price for and claim they are "performance" or have other dubious advantages over their cheaper equivalents.

Example:

$20 a pop: http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/5684.htm

$6 a pop: http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/5681.htm

You won't tell the difference between them on the road though, nor will you tell the difference from genuine, except genuine are often a little cheaper again.