Plastic Panel underneath glove box

-DAvo

Hey all,

Sorry if this seems a mundane question, but i just realised today that the plastic panel underneath the glove box has come loose? i cant see anyway of "pushing the clips back in"

i dont have my camera with me at the moment so i cant provide pics until later but can anyone shed some light on this matter? from my un-educated look-see at the area, it appears to be a cover of some sort with maybe a opening for a vent?

sorry for all the vague descriptions, will follow this up later tonight with some photos, but if anyone can shed some light on this, would be much appretiated... hate having loose "rattlely" items on the car :(

thanks

edit:

have attached a p[icture from the toyota website which shows the area which im talking about, havent got a pic of the actual panel but this will have to do for now..

post-13790-1267871856_thumb.jpg

Edited by -DAvo

Hey Dave. That plastic cover is just basically that... cover. It is there to cover up the bare ends of the blower motor, fuse panel, etc. I think the best way to answer this is through photos.

In the first photo, you insert the ends at the back according to the arrows (LOL at the unintentional male symbol), then the other circled parts clip into the cutouts in the glove box area like those circled in the second photo. The best I can do with the photos I have at the moment. Plus I can't take any more right now. Excuse the dirt. I cleaned it after I took the photos.

clips1.jpg

clips2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that Daryl :)

I think i may have to double side tape it back up, have a feeling the audio installer may have snapped one of those plastic clips. but will pull it all off tomorrow and inspect it closer then.

Thanks again mate! how you had those photos is beyond me, but im sure glad you did! :P

Thanks for that Daryl :)

I think i may have to double side tape it back up, have a feeling the audio installer may have snapped one of those plastic clips. but will pull it all off tomorrow and inspect it closer then.

Thanks again mate! how you had those photos is beyond me, but im sure glad you did! :P

Thanks just reminds me I have to pull that cover off too to replace my EFTPOS cable for new pinpad, I will be carefull with the clips.

If one side is broken move the middle one to the edges that will keep it from hanging down on the sides.

If one side is broken move the middle one to the edges that will keep it from hanging down on the sides.

The plastic clips are formed as part of the entire trim. You can't simply move them.

My bad, i though they were the u-shaped ones that snapped over them into place. I should have paid more attension to the photo.