Corolla Sportivo Question

yes they always light up, even when the head lights are turned off, you would know by now right? couldn't you wait until night time to find that out? lol

btw when u said "a/c display" u men the climate control right?

Edited by Kenshin X

Yea, I mean the climate control display...

I changed them to blue last night and I've noticed they are always on. Never noticed it when it was green.

Just trying to find out why my driver side headlight's fuse keeps blowing.. Must have something to do with the centre console considering that's all I was doing last night until the headlight stopped working. Went to auto electrician today and changed a fuse. Worked fine until I tried to install the HIDs again. Blew again.. <_<

nice, its probably the blue leds are stronger than the greens. (even the blue leds i got now don't show under strong sunlight). Did you disconnect the battery when u worked?

also i dont think the centre console got anything to do with the headlights...

and how come u installed your HIDs again? what did u take them off for?

Process...

Started out the night perfectly normal. Green console, HID headlights.

Parked my car, took apart the console, fiddled around with the T5 12mm bulbs cause its latch is too big to fit straight in. Had to test and trial about 10 times, I guess I must have touched something. Anyway, after installation is complete. Driver side headlight doesn't work, so I thought it could be the ballast or or the bulb, so I changed the bulb and ballast across from the other side, doesn't work as well. Went and got teh OEM bulbs, lights up very slightly on the driver side.

Went to auto electrician today, he said it was a blown fuse. CHanged it, and it worked fine on the OEM bulbs. So I thought I'll put the HIDs back in again. and then it blew the fuse again. <_< Have to wait until weekday to visit electrician again.

Maybe I should have disconnected the battery, but it would ahve been so much hassle while test and trialing... :angry:

Yeah u should dc the battery just make it loose and take off n put on as u like.

I was lazy too lol didn't take out the battery AT ALL. :P lucky for me it was just the passenger seltbelt warning light blew.

U didn't plug in the console when the key was in the "on" position right?

I assuming your new lights in the centre console are LEDs?

If they are it explains why you never noticed them on beforehand.

The halogen bulbs have the ability to dim if less voltage is going through them, whereas the LEDs will always be at the same luminosity.

Actually, I got the ones you suggested on the Workshop post.. :lol:

Although your halogen/HIDs headlights are still working fine... <_<

Could it be the shortage of power that's causing the fuse to break?? Just a random guess.. :rolleyes: I'll install another fuse tomorrow and see if it blows. Could be just a coincidence.

On another note, does the left LED in the climate control display seem darker than the right side and the time display? I've changed the bulbs and it's still the same?? :(