Aurion glove box light

czaja74

I looked in the compartment and it looks like there is a space for some sort of light fitting. Seems like it might be the same as a door light - I didnt check tho. Can anyone comment on that. I have Aurion Touring '07.

The glove box light uses a T5 style bulb. The proper way to access it is by removing the glove box, but if you are good enough and careful with a pair of needle-nose pliers, you can change the bulb through the opening in the glove box.

Unless its not a feature in the 08 Aurion ATX, then my glove box light is faulty too.

I wouldn't have checked if I didn't read this thread, so thanks :)

That what I thought too. However Im sure it wont be hard to put one in. Ill report back tomorow.

Unless its not a feature in the 08 Aurion ATX, then my glove box light is faulty too.

I wouldn't have checked if I didn't read this thread, so thanks :)

That what I thought too. However Im sure it wont be hard to put one in. Ill report back tomorow.

Cool thanks. I'll tell Toyota technician about the glove box light on my next service. However, with some peace of mind, I actually checked all the door lights and boot light.

I looked in the compartment and it looks like there is a space for some sort of light fitting. Seems like it might be the same as a door light - I didnt check tho. Can anyone comment on that. I have Aurion Touring '07.

You will find the glove compartment light will only operate with the parking/headlights turned on,give it a try and let us know how you got on

It's not missing mate. Get a small mirror and look harder.

The switch is part of the light assembly, so if that is there, the light assembly is as well. You can even see the two wires that go to the light.

The light doesn't exactly sit flush with the top of the cut out.

just check, the glove box light only comes on when you switch on your park and or headlights. I thought mine was faulty too.

Just checked mine again, and yes the glove box light will activate when the headlight is on (even when the car is not running).

Not sure why it was designed this way.

Have you got clear plastic cover or is it just an oppening like on the photo?

There is no plastic cover on it.

Edit: Just to show what I meant earlier about the light assembly... you can see so here:

glovebox5.jpg