Ac control backlights dead

hoges

Hi everyone,

I've had a bit of a search and haven't come up with anything yet. Does anybody know how to replace the backlights on a 2004 camry altise? 2 of the 4 behind the a/c controls are dead, and when I put in a new head unit in recently I couldn't see any way to replace them.

Any ideas?

Hi everyone,

I've had a bit of a search and haven't come up with anything yet. Does anybody know how to replace the backlights on a 2004 camry altise? 2 of the 4 behind the a/c controls are dead, and when I put in a new head unit in recently I couldn't see any way to replace them.

Any ideas?

Have a look at the following URL

Thanks, it seems I suck at searching :whistling:

Anyway, I knew how to pull it off, but I couldn't find any globes last time I looked. So I had another crack this arvo and it turns out that the black things I thought were screws were actually the globes. 1/4 turn anticlockwise did the job. Much easier than I was trying to make it! (ie pulling the instrument panel apart).

Is there an easy way to change the colour of the lighting? I'm assuming the clock and speed limit thingo are stuck as green...

Is there an easy way to change the colour of the lighting? I'm assuming the clock and speed limit thingo are stuck as green...

I cant remember what colours the bulbs are...... From memory i think the bulbs are white/yellow and the outline on the back of the aircon Panal is green.

Do you remember what color the Bulbs are when you had a look this afternoon.

If the bulbs are green then it should be pretty simple. if its yellow then you may have to change or remove the film on the air of the instument.(i think)

I wouldnt mind changing the aircon, clock and speed alert lighting to Blue/ light blue colour, but ill have to do a bit of playing around first to see its possible ..

The globe was just a standard globe ie no colouring. I had a little bit of a saerch on a few forums, and it seems that it is possible to change with a bit of work. From what I understand, the hvac unit (the air con control panel) has a green Perspex type thing inside it. It's a bit of work, but it is possible to change it.

In terms of the clock, you can't change the colour of the panel, but some people have successfully changed the colour using potography gells. For example, if you put a magenta film in front of it you can make it white. I've yet to see any pics of this being done though. It will also reduce the brightness of the lght comming through as well.

The gear shift globe is apparently just covered by a green sleeve. If you replace that it'll change the colour.

People have also changed everything to led, buy I don't thing I have the skills to do that just yet :)