1 Deep scratch down the driver side.

Hey Guys,

Just noticed that there is one deep scratch going down the lower driver side.

The scratch is around 7 to 8cm, and it feels quite deep, like the paint has come off.

I haven't driven my car for the last 2 days, but my dad has been using it while I was away. So I have no flapping idea what happened.

So I was wondering whats the best way to get it fix, and how much am I looking at spending?

I will post a picture of it when I am free later in the arvo.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by Jazz926

To be honest the best way is to take it to a decent reliable pannel shop and get it fixed. Depends were about on the pannel the scratch is and how deep it is they may need to blend another pannel or two. But take it in and get someone to look at it and get a quote your prob looking at somewere between $200-$500.

To be honest the best way is to take it to a decent reliable pannel shop and get it fixed. Depends were about on the pannel the scratch is and how deep it is they may need to blend another pannel or two. But take it in and get someone to look at it and get a quote your prob looking at somewere between $200-$500.

just touch it up with touch up paint and should be alright... at that price u might as well be prepared to respray the whole car to take out other imperfections. another colour perhaps? :P

Totally off topic, but i was wondering if any one on here has ever taken there car for a respray and how much ball park you could be lookking at coz im in a similar sort of situation black car and parklot scratch all over her from ****ers that couldnt careless about someone else's property. only last weekend in bondi a f&*kwit in a ****ty camry parked so close up behind me he was actually hitting me and left marks all over my rear bar and broke the glue seal on my rear lip also put a nasty scratch it, needless to say it was tit for tat that night, lets just say he would of had fun driving home with no number plates and may no may not off liked the new panel work someone had given him

Its not as simple as a respray...

Do you want to do exterior only? Do you want to respray interior too?

What type of finish do you want (High Gloss, Metallic, Pearlescent, Candy, etc)? How good of a job you want? etc etc...

Best to contact various shops to get quotes and recommendations from forum members/friends that have had their cars painted. 2K/3K jobs I've seen are **** fyi...

was quoted for 20k for a total respray of another vintage car. outside only (with rust repair etc.) was 8k. this was for a dark blue metallic finish

Edited by Kenshin X