Exhaust Tip on ZRE

Hey Guys,

Just after some advice or tips on getting an stainless steel exhaust tip for my ZRE. Cause the stock ZRE tip is just black and ugly.

I am not after a whole new exhaust set up, just the tip at the end.

I have seen some online which are basically just screwed or tightened on, and was wondering how good they were.

Any recommendation or advice from from people that have done them would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

If you are only going to change/put on an exhaust tip, do not even bother with a slide/screw on type. Do it right the first time. Go to any automotive store or even an exhaust workshop, pick out the tip you want, then get an exhaust shop to cut off your old one and weld on a new one. As simple as that.

DJKOR is spot on. Screw or bolt on are gumby!

Go to a decent exhaust workshop (or shop around for one you like) and get them to cut the old one off or back and weld on the new one. Is the ZRE sedan the same as the hatch? ie weird downward pointing tip and angled resonator? Makes things a bit harder than the usual straight pipes..

Go to a decent exhaust workshop (or shop around for one you like) and get them to cut the old one off or back and weld on the new one. Is the ZRE sedan the same as the hatch? ie weird downward pointing tip and angled resonator? Makes things a bit harder than the usual straight pipes..

Hey Guys, thanks for the prompt reply :)

Dutchie, the ZRE sedan is the same as the hatch with the exhaust tip pointing downwards.

Also just quickly, I was wondering how much would it cost for these sort of mods, with the cutting and welding?

Hey Guys, thanks for the prompt reply :)

Dutchie, the ZRE sedan is the same as the hatch with the exhaust tip pointing downwards.

Also just quickly, I was wondering how much would it cost for these sort of mods, with the cutting and welding?

i'm with DJKOR on that one too. it shouldn't cost no more than 100 dollars to weld it on

Depending if the resonator is also at an angle, you might need a small return bend to straighten the pipe before the tip, but the workshop should work that out easy enough..

Depending on tip, anywhere from say $20 to 80-100 or more for a dual wall SS tip, labor say half hour, so anywhere between 20-50 bucks.

Dual walls:

images%5Cproducts%5Cmed%5Cexhaust_systems%5Cmbrp_dual_wall_straight_polished.jpgP11582251.jpg

791225_250_300.jpg

Dual wall look much neater... depending on what your after tho..

If it is just a single tip, I would ask around till you can get it done for about $50 or less.

I had two tips removed and fitted for $60 in labour (tips cost $40 each) and that was with some decent welding as well. The labour shouldn't be expensive. You'd probably find the exhaust tips will cost the same or more than the labour.

Thanks guys, you guys are awesome!

I will probably call around later this week or visit some exhaust shop to see what they can do, and what price I am looking at.

Dutchie, those tips you showed me looks great mate. I guess what I'm after is a tip which would go nicely with the mods/ body kit that I am planning on doing soon.

Cheers