Back from a Hiatus

Wow has it been a long time since i've been on this forum. I've recently been overseas to Malaysia and Hong Kong and been travelling down to Canberra a lot (would love to meet up with some of the canberra people one day). Just wanted to share some stuff thats been happening to my tivo.

During one fateful trip down to Canberra my front left mudguard/wheelarch protection piece of plastic go ripped off and thus left my pod filter exposed to the elements. Not very happy. Cost me about $130 to get a replacement and get it fitted.

I'm planning to take my tivo down to track next month but i'm really not sure about it because I've never been before :unsure:

At the moment I'm going to be saving up for springs and exhaust and i'm looking around for some options

1 problem that I have is that whenever i'm at 3k RPM i hear a whining noise from the engine. Any thoughts as to what this could be?

I also have a mini service tomorrow. Oil change, oil filter change, wheel balance/alignment/rotation.

Thanks for reading!

Azz

Malaysian modding scene says hi!

img4429b.jpg

LOLLL :lol: at the Astina HAHHAA... i'm gonna show my mate this... he loves his astina

There's one of those running around Newcastle, although at least that one has a colour-matched spoiler, and with Mazdaspeed on the side of the end-plate

I haven't really done anything to my car. just driving it haha.

I brought it back from the mini service and the steering feels tighter. Hope the car enjoys the new oil.

One thing happened tho...

imag0002o.jpg

i think the case has been wearing out and probably one of the mechanics twisted the key too hard today.

Easy fix, i bought one off ebay for $14

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-2-button-key-shell-suites-Rav4-Corolla-Camry_W0QQitemZ290409304966QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439dbe5386

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-2-BUTTON-KEY-SHELL-COROLLA-RAV4-PRADO-YARIS_W0QQitemZ260588433435QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3cac47f01b

and took it to a key cutter. if you're lucky the guy might cut it for u free, but usually they have some charge... take the inside module out n put it in the new one, DONE!

[the "misterminit" guys sell the same shell for $30+]

Edited by Chrono Trigger

Lantis Type-S actually does have the Ford Cosworth type Boot spoiler, part of the "Touring Kit" lol

I'm surprised you found something other than a Proton lol =P

Oh don't you worry. there were plenty of protons. I love driving through the streets and see a group of cars on the street, all stripped down and getting modifications done

The other surprising thing that I saw in Macau was how many corolla's there were. All the taxis were corolla's and even the cop cars were too!

img0136wh.jpg

and now for an interesting license plate number

img5209e.jpg