Water Drop inside head lamp :(

Hi everyone, finally I got my car from Toyota after a long long waiting period.

But I found out there are some water drop indside the front head light ( the plastic, I hope u know what i am talkign) second day, then I talked to one of the manager in Nunamading Toyota (where I bought this car), he told me this could happen when it is new. A little trick which the sales told him when he bought a BMW with the same thing happend to him, turn the head light on and this would fix the problem, seal the gap of head light.

If this could fix the problem, I still wonder will they change the head light for me? Because I found the is some water mark inside the light already after the water dry out.

Then I rang the salesperson, he told me clam warranty.

So what should i do then? If that doens't happen again, but the mark stay inside. :( :( .

How quick toyota will get the warranty done for this instance, I though just change the head light.

Thanks for your listening.

There are some minor problems with the car as well, but I think I can only report to them when doing the first 1000km service. :o :o

Hi everyone, finally I got my car from Toyota after a long long waiting period.

But I found out there are some water drop indside the front head light ( the plastic, I hope u know what i am talkign) second day, then I talked to one of the manager in Nunamading Toyota (where I bought this car), he told me this could happen when it is new. A little trick which the sales told him when he bought a BMW with the same thing happend to him, turn the head light on and this would fix the problem, seal the gap of head light.

If this could fix the problem, I still wonder will they change the head light for me? Because I found the is some water mark inside the light already after the water dry out.

Then I rang the salesperson, he told me clam warranty.

So what should i do then? If that doens't happen again, but the mark stay inside. :(  :( .

How quick toyota will get the warranty done for this instance, I though just change the head light.

Thanks for your listening.

There are some minor problems with the car as well, but I think I can only report to them when doing the first 1000km service.  :o  :o

NO , you should bring it back without hesistation <_<

Your one is a BRAND NEW one........just make sure you are happy.......just keep calling them.......or just bring the car in. And ask them to have a look. Remember, your car cost you alof of $$$$$$$ :rolleyes:

Hi Overloade,

I've had my 2005 Sportivo for about 10 days now and noticed the exact same thing the day after I picked it up. There was condensation inside both headlights which went away after the first day or so. Since then I havent noticed any condensation although I am keeping an eye out for it.

If this continues to be a problem then this would mean that the headlight assembly is not properly sealed and should be replaced under warranty.

My last car (Hyundai Accent) has this problem twice from brand new, both times Hyundai replaced the whole light without hesitation. I would assume that Toyota should do the same.

Keep and eye and an ear out for other issues that other members on here have experienced. My car has about 700km on it and last night for the first time I heard a scraping sound during engine braking that other users in pre facelift model sportivos have encountered.

So just be weary of everything, listen to the car while you drive it, every problem you have should be raised with Toyota before or at the 1000km service.

Hi Overloade,

I've had my 2005 Sportivo for about 10 days now and noticed the exact same thing the day after I picked it up. There was condensation inside both headlights which went away after the first day or so. Since then I havent noticed any condensation although I am keeping an eye out for it.

If this continues to be a problem then this would mean that the headlight assembly is not properly sealed and should be replaced under warranty.

My last car (Hyundai Accent) has this problem twice from brand new, both times Hyundai replaced the whole light without hesitation. I would assume that Toyota should do the same.

Keep and eye and an ear out for other issues that other members on here have experienced. My car has about 700km on it and last night for the first time I heard a scraping sound during engine braking that other users in pre facelift model sportivos have encountered.

So just be weary of everything, listen to the car while you drive it, every problem you have should be raised with Toyota before or at the 1000km service.

thx all ur info, of course including the "Second floor".

I also heard a strange noise from the rear break (at least i though where it come from), this would happen when i try to break hard @ speed around 75km+ <104km, also the finish is not good in the front bumper, the glue is not well finish, near the fog lamp on the passenger side. Also a light starch on the driver side headlight.

I think just make sure if the condensation happen again, take a picture of it, just like what i did. At least got something on hand when telling the toyota ppl about the problem(s) B)

I had a Hilux in at work today with the same problems...

Replaced O/S Headlight, both front park light assy's and both rear tail light seals all under warranty...

If it happens again, take it to you local service dealership and get it replaced under warranty...

Replaced O/S Headlight, both front park light assy's and both rear tail light seals all under warranty...

If it happens again, take it to you local service dealership and get it replaced under warranty...

But the problem seems disapper after that, but then i spot there is some what mark( those dry mark), hard to spot on, but you could see if get a bit closer.

Do they still replace that?

But the problem seems disapper after that, but then i spot there is some what mark( those dry mark), hard to spot on, but you could see if get a bit closer.

Do they still replace that?

i'd just take pictures and bring it back to the dealership. u have the watermarks to prove it anyhow. i've had holden replace my front headlights 4 times under warranty :P because of that problem.