12V power outlets

HappyCamper

Hi all,

I'm new to this club, but have had my Kluger Altitude for exactly 1 year, just paid the rego, haha

Generally, I love this car. Have a few questions I'm hoping to get a hand with. Ive had a quick search and didnt see anything, so hoping I'm not wasting everyone's time.

1. The power outlets only work with the ignition on or accessory. How do I leave my Engal fridge in the car going for a few hours, and lock the car at the same time??

2. The seat belt warning thing drives me nuts. Often if I put my bag on the passenger seat it thinks someone is sitting there, aarrgggggg. Hoping there is a plug to disconnect.

3. Ive done 41500 klms in a year, and the 19" tyres are now shagged. I want to replace with more of an AT type tyre, but there does not appear to be many options. I will search and read more here before i ask anymore stupid questions.

4. The illumination of the A/C button on the dash is way too dull, and I fumble with that during the day, ok in the dark obviously.

Otherwise, all good, hope everyone is as happy as I. Cheers for now

Welcome HappyCamper,

All the power outlets are accessory switched, so you would have to get an auto electrician to modify the wiring for your fridge if you want it running with the key removed. You would have to be careful not to drain the battery enough that that car wouldn't start though unless you installed a dual battery system.

I'm also not a fan of the seatbelt beeper, but I think I remember reading this is a "dealer programmable" feature, so it's possible it could be disabled (no guarantees!)

I'd also like less road biased 19" tyres, but I think we'll have a hard time tracking some down.

As for the A/C lights if you drive with your headlights on during the day, then the illumination is dulled as a consequence (well on a KX-S at least). Bit of a PITA but I don't know of any way around that.

Hopefully someone will come along with a bit more info than what I've added (which now that I read it is virtually nil :whistling: )

Cheers

G'day HappyCamper,

Love your worn tyres adjective :)

Regarding off-road tyres, have a look at these Goodyears: http://www.goodyear....archGoAction.do

I can't give an opinion as I've not fitted and driven on them, I'd recommend you do some more research, just thought them worth mentioning so you have something to consider. Yes they are 255/55/19 which is slightly different to the original 245/55/19 but I'm confident they will fit the standard rims.

I too hate the seat-belt noise, I might ask the dealer about killing that during next service. The wife unbuckled her belt to reach over into the back seat to pacify the screaming infant recently, the seat belt indicator actually started to pick-up its frequency and started being twice a second, it didn't like being ignored!

One idea that just occurred to me regarding the AC light, try sticking one of those coloured post-it note type sticky flag over the button, this "may" change the colour (red/orange may be worth a crack) and this may stand out more in a heavy white sunlight environment... obviously this may look a little cheap and tacky but if it works I'm sure you could spend a couple of minutes making it look a little more permanent.