TOYOTA COROLLA SPORTIVO BODYKITS $450

Saw this in ebay Australia

TOYOTA COROLLA SPORTIVO BODYKITS $450

COROLLA SPORTIVO 2003-2005 BUY IT NOW $450

Item condition: New

Time left: 7d 00h (20 May, 201021:31:48 AEST)

Price: AU $450.00

Item number: 220603509696

Item location: melbounre, Victoria, Australia

Posts to: Australia

you are bidding on a brand new

TOYOTA COROLLA SPORTIVO

FULL KIT

FRONT LIP

PAIR OF SIDE SKIRTS

REAR LIP

COMES BLACKGEL COATED

This is product is made from high quality fibreglass and made to the highest standard possible.

Order Pick-Up:

We allow order pick ups from dandenong melbourne. Pick ups must be pre-arranged and during business hours. We allow pick ups on weekends.

Please allow up to 3 business days to process shippment and booking.If shipment is delayed for any reason buyer will be notofied via Email. We are not responsible for shipping time. PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 15 DAYS FOR DELIVERY OF ITEM/s. Items are not guaranteed to be in stock otherwise noted. Please confirm availabilty

It's probably legit. AND btw it is FIBREGLASS...

OEM is made of plastic, hence OEM costs more/in the thousands...

i read somewhere, if damaged; panel beaters will work on the plastic, but when fibreglass kits crack, it usually goes to scrap. fibreglass is prone to crack if u hit something...

Edited by Chrono Trigger

Here is the link

Looks dodgy to me. Why would he have pics of standard Sportivo's and also a pic of some dodgy custom bodykit? Which one is he supposedly selling <_<

Yerh thats what i thought too, but it seems like he sells alot of body kits at his ebay store.

and i've been lookn all over the joint for a bodykit, i havent been bothered to ask toyota cuz that'll mean alot of $$$$

though i'd prb not get the front bar cuz i wanna OEM foglights the round ones, so i dont rekn the front bar will fit im guessn??

It's probably legit. AND btw it is FIBREGLASS...

OEM is made of plastic, hence OEM costs more/in the thousands...

i read somewhere, if damaged; panel beaters will work on the plastic, but when fibreglass kits crack, it usually goes to scrap. fibreglass is prone to crack if u hit something...

x2

i heard those fibreglass things are crap. ill share my own experience with the toyota genuine front lip kit, which is made by ABS plastic.

one day i accidently hit a kerb, which hits the front lip kit and wheels, really2 hard. all i got was bad scratch underneath the lips.

i would imagine if i have the fibreglass one, it will probably crack and goes to scrap. so yeah " what you pay is what you get " :)

I asked this guy what he wanted for the rear lip and he quoted $220 - which is cheaper than toyota, but why would I pay half the price of a four piece kit for one part? If he had come back with around $100-$150 I would have given it a go, as I don't see the rear lip being as damage prone as the front lip and side skirts.....

.....if anyone does buy it, please be sure to let us know how you go!!

The seller has a lot of feedback , thats what i look at when i shop from Ebay.

In saying that , there are a lot of cons around.But thats how the world goes around.

On the subject of ABS Plastic VS Fibreglass kits , i must agree the ABS is more forgiving and versatile.

Some years ago i bought one of the 1st Carmate.com Corrolla Bodykit and F****** my Front Bar on the 1st night.

Mind you it was only 6odd inches off the ground and an amateur driver doesnt help.

Now i remain scared for life and always drive sideways on humps and leaving car parks or un-even surfaces.

My fibreglass kit cost me $1200 supplied and fitted so $450 is really sus for the whole kit.

BTW - i wouldnt recommend Carmate.com to anyone after my experience with them.

• 2 months later...

The seller has a lot of feedback , thats what i look at when i shop from Ebay.

In saying that , there are a lot of cons around.But thats how the world goes around.

On the subject of ABS Plastic VS Fibreglass kits , i must agree the ABS is more forgiving and versatile.

Some years ago i bought one of the 1st Carmate.com Corrolla Bodykit and F****** my Front Bar on the 1st night.

Mind you it was only 6odd inches off the ground and an amateur driver doesnt help.

Now i remain scared for life and always drive sideways on humps and leaving car parks or un-even surfaces.

My fibreglass kit cost me $1200 supplied and fitted so $450 is really sus for the whole kit.

BTW - i wouldnt recommend Carmate.com to anyone after my experience with them.

I've heard alot of bad things about carmate.

would it be a good idea to buy parts from them, and get it installed at places such as x racing or concord customs??

your thoughts would be welcomed :)

Yeah that sale has been on e-bay for ages...i msg'd them asking bout a sedan rear lip and they didnt do one. I like to think im more sus than most about e-bay parts but this looks legit BBBUUUTTT!!!! beware of fibreglass ive worked with it and it is VERY brittle, if you want a quick bang-up job and have 1-2cm gaps in ur body kit go 4 it, but quality is always with ABS....i mean it...