Clutch / GB help

Hi there, I have a Corolla Sportivo, I bought it with 15000 on the clock. Now it has 110000 on the clock and it is driving me nuts because I have had the same issues for the past 95000km!!

How / what do you have to do to get a better gear change @ high revs? The first to second gear change is horrible and always has been.

The box seems to be tight and rough, and it always crunches going into reverse.

Can anyone recommend somewhere in the syd area that would be good to fix her up??

Thanks a mill guys

Read my topic

Been a couple of weeks now, still flat shifting, If the box is cold it wont do it but after 5-10 mins of driving i can, spinning the tyres every gearchange cause of landing in lift. Btw the rubber is 215/45/r17 pirelli pzero nero.

Have a read, and make your own mind up. Cars done 111,000ks and the clutch is slipping here and there but that rod is so much better. Let us know how you go

I had trouble shifting. It was the syncro's. the originals are ****. Got the syncro's replaced under warranty. That was about 50 000 kays ago. haven't had any trouble since. Not even any crunching into reverse. Car's now done 100 000. Also I've never had a problem with the clutch. They seem pretty tough on these things.

the push rod for the clutch slave cylinder needs adjusting. Get it done and no more shifting issues at any speed unless you have done damage to synchro's.

there is normally no adjustment on the clutch slave push rod. its an all-hydraulic system, so it does not need adjusting.

if the clutch slave cylinder is not pushing the gearbox lever far enough to properly disengage the clutch, then it has a problem with either leaks or lost motion in the pedal/master cylinder. this is what you fix first. The pushrod coming out of the master cylinder usually has adjustment to take up free-play in the clevis, pedal bush etc etc. Get an assistant to watch the slave cylinder while you push the clutch pedal. You want the slave to start moving after about 15-20mm movement of the pedal rubber

The Sportivo box is like most other C type gearboxes , their clutches are usually very robust, but the gearbox syncros are terrible.

The faster you spin the box, the harder the syncros have to work to slow down the gears spinning around inside.

The slightest bit of clutch drag (poor disengagement), will make the job of the syncros almost impossible.

Diagnose the fault!!!