Coilover help?

Hey fellas,

For some reason one of my coilovers arent budging when i try to adjust the height. I know how to adjust the height of my coilovers just incase your wondering, but this one coilover wont budge. When i loosen up the locking collars and try to spin the shock body the only thing that moves is the spring. I did the exact same method with the other coilovers on my car and had success.

I thought it might be a tad rusty or something, but the coilover was adjusted about 2 weeks prior. So i thought id try some WD40 to loosen it up, previously i had 2 coilovers that wont budge but after applying WD40 to both of them, only one of them remains "stuck"

Any advice on how to fix this problem?

Edited by private number

I'd pull the coilover from the car, disassemble it on a bench (lock the two spring collars together and use the spanner to undo the damper from the bottom foot), clean the threads with a wire brush and grease the threads up and reassemble. Aluminium will cold weld itself together as it corrodes, grease, lanolin oil, anti-seize etc will prevent it from happening.