Sportivo Slotted Rotors

Hi all

Ultra tune has given me a price of $450 which is for DBA Front Slotted Rotors fitted to the Sportivo.

Wanted to know if other people have got this done and how does the price compare.

(Note the price is for Supply and Fit DBA Slotted Rotors)

If someone may ask ,the reason for the upgrade/replacement : My current Rotors have done 140xxx km and there is a mark on one side(left).I was thinking of replacement rather than to get it machined.

i picked up a full set of DBA rotors for an EVO 8 about a year ago for $390 so that seems very steep just for fronts in a reasonably small size!

The distance travelled is irrelevant, the thickness of the rotor is the important bit of information. The un-slotted rotors I assume are a cheaper price and there is nothing wrong with using them; for performance, pad selection is more important than rotor selection.

Hey Rolla,

My Sportivo brake upgrade consists of DBA slotted rotors front and rear, Hawk Performance pads and AP Racing fluid. My front rotors were $160 each, not including fitting (the rears were $133). Hope this helps, or at least gives you an idea of pricing. Was I ripped? Well, who really knows. I certainly don't care! Brakes are on, and I am a happy camper!

Adrian

I believe for DBA, the only rotors you can get from DBA are the 'Street Series'. I don't think the 4000 Series are available, but you should enquire to double check what you are getting.

Personally, I think $450 is a little bit more than what you should pay for Street Series rotors plus fitting. You should consider changing them yourself to save some coin. It's not a hard process to complete.