Best driving roads around Sydney?

TRD Bloke

G'Day,

Can anyone suggest some good driving roads around or outside of Syd where we could unleash the horses a little and the cams are not looking?

Thanks

G'Day,

Can anyone suggest some good driving roads around or outside of Syd where we could unleash the horses a little and the cams are not looking?

Thanks

lol , no such thing as Safe Speeding . :nono: . When you say outside Syd , what area do you mean ??

I could say go to the Blue mountains , Jamberoo , Douglas Park .. ( or the safest - eastern creek r/w)

Point in a direction and many will name roads .

Doubt you want to drive 100km to see what those horses could do .. :)

well don't doubt me I would not mind driving 100km:) I have been to Jamberoo and it was fantastic. Looking for more fun roads like that.

I know some picton, douglaspark and wedderburn roads have a similar Jamberoo feel to it.Twisty turns and some straights.

These are just some places i have enjoyed driving and yet at the sametime been a bit concerned about on coming traffic losing control and ending in my lane.

Bents basin is just outside Liverpool which also makes for a good drive.Not dense traffic and plenty of country side.

These are just some areas IMO that may have lesser radar risk or fixed cams.

parramatta road.. LOL jkz :lol:

Do be wary there are more and more unmarked police cars on the roads these days in Sydney.

I've seen unmarked subaru outback's, honda civic's and a whole bunch of other cars that blend in with general public..

Edited by Chrono Trigger

parramatta road.. LOL jkz :lol:

Do be wary there are more and more unmarked police cars on the roads these days in Sydney.

I've seen unmarked subaru outback's, honda civic's and a whole bunch of other cars that blend in with general public..

How could i have missed Parra Rd in my suggestion... Try canterbury road too .. :lol:

Macquarie Pass...west of Albion Park (Illawarra Highway)

Watch out for slow trucks & idiotic motor cyclists tho. Continue on for a few k's to Robertson Pie Shop and then pick your run home - your choice if you do the Pass again or head west to the Hume Highway for an easy run home.

Watch out for slow trucks & idiotic motor cyclists tho. Continue on for a few k's to Robertson Pie Shop and then pick your run home - your choice if you do the Pass again or head west to the Hume Highway for an easy run home.

Thanks will give that a goo. What are the chances for cams and p..ce there?

Cheers

Thanks will give that a goo. What are the chances for cams and p..ce there?

Cheers

Cops don't really bother with Mac Pass because you're lucky to get out of second gear inbetween the hairpins, plus there's no room to pull people over etc or have a patrol car parked by the side of the road. They'll more likely sit either before or after the pass and catch people doing runs.

that's good new I can easily do 120 in 2nd gear:)

You've never driven Macquarie Pass then....you wouldn't WANT to do 120 there. 80 is bad enough (not that we condone those sorts of speeds, since the limit is 60).

GoogleMaps the pass (the whole thing is on Street View) and you'll see what I mean.

Wrong place to own an Aurion :lol:. You should live in the State of Aurion. We have some wicked driving roads around Brisbane... and within relatively short distance.

These roads also show you that yes, the Aurion is a pretty well handling car, but you will soon learn that it's not as good as you thought it once was,