How often to change Brake Pads and Discs

I just did my 90,000KM in Markden Thornbury and they told me that I should change may front brake pads and machine discs.

change front brake pads----AUD120

change front brake pads + discs-----AUD192

How do you think about the price and could any one tell me how often I should change them for Aurion?

Thanks for any reply!

Brake pads and rotors aren't like other items on your car that have defined service intervals. These two items are something that you only need to change as necessary.

For example, once your pads get close to their wear indicators, then would be a good time to get ready to change them. For some people, this may be in as little as 15,000km or so (even less :o), for other, this may be as much as 160,000km. It all depends on their use.

As for the rotors, you just have to keep an eye on the minimum allowable thickness which is stamped onto them. As they get closer to this minimum thickness, then you should consider changing them.

If you are getting vibration while braking, you can consider machining your rotors to make them flat again. As long as your rotors are within allowable thickness (they will advise you of this before machining), then this process is okay to do. The only issue you get here is that you may make it likely for the same vibration issue to come back since your rotors will then be thinner and more susceptible to it. Basically, it comes down to what you want to spend money on. If your brakes don't produce any abnormal vibration during braking, then you should be fine to leave your rotors as is and not worry about machining them.

That sounds about what I was quoted from Toyota. Wait until you get the price for the rears, ouch. When it gets time to do the rears, buy from GSLrallysport on here and get someone to install, will save you $$$.