TYRES

Waynus

Currently have standard 215/60R16 Goodyear Assurance on Toyota 16" x 6.5" alloys.

Looking at aftermarket alloy 18" x 8" probably the PDW equivalent of B.Boss Eleanor. Not intending to make any mods to the suspension or lowering (at this stage anyway).

Tyres are the issue as always. My thinking is one of the following sizes: 225/45R18; 235/45R18; 245/40R18 all of which fit into the Qld regulations. My first choice would be the 235/45 but these are not all that common & probably therefore expensive. The 245/40 concern me with the possible clearances with the suspension (15mm closer) and mudguards (stick out a further 15mm & perhaps beyond the edge).

Therefore the 225/45 seem to be the best compromise with more choice & little issues with clearances.

Before making my decision, is anyone running the 245/40 or the 235/45 with stock suspension/no lowering & if so have they had any clearance/rubbing issues?

firstly, im running at the PDW equivalent of BBOSS ELEANOR as well. nice wheels, but i recon the 19' looks better than 18', i tried both of them on my aurion, the 19' is much nicer. my aurion is on stock suspension, and height, no issues at all.

for the tyres, im using 245/35, which made by PDW as well, not a perfect tyre, but good enough for that price.

btw, the package price for 19' and 18' is only $200 different when i bought them from bobjane.

firstly, im running at the PDW equivalent of BBOSS ELEANOR as well. nice wheels, but i recon the 19' looks better than 18', i tried both of them on my aurion, the 19' is much nicer. my aurion is on stock suspension, and height, no issues at all.

for the tyres, im using 245/35, which made by PDW as well, not a perfect tyre, but good enough for that price.

btw, the package price for 19' and 18' is only $200 different when i bought them from bobjane.

I have read your original thread & had noted only a $200 price difference but I wasn't sure which tyre brand you had gone with. I didn't know PDW actually made tyres, or am I misreading you?

I'm not sure I want to go to 19". This is a family car & the ride may be too harsh on a 35 profile tyre (which is another reason why I lean towards the 225/45 profile with probably Falken FK452).

I have read your original thread & had noted only a $200 price difference but I wasn't sure which tyre brand you had gone with. I didn't know PDW actually made tyres, or am I misreading you?

I'm not sure I want to go to 19". This is a family car & the ride may be too harsh on a 35 profile tyre (which is another reason why I lean towards the 225/45 profile with probably Falken FK452).

Oh i have FK452's on my car. Mine are 245/35ZR19 though. I'd recommend them to anybody. They are a little noisy for the first 500-1000kms but after they scrub in bit they quiet down a fair bit and the grriiippppp of them is just ridicules’ i promise you will not be disappointed great grip in both the wet and dry :)

At stock height, neither of those tire choices are going to give you issues. For reference, the TRD is running a 245 wide profile on 8 inch wide wheels and it also sits 15mm lower than a normal Aurion. There is no scrubbing on there whatsoever. Yes the TRD wheels have a +46.5mm offset, but that 1.5mm change isn't going to make any difference with your case.

hi there, i have 245/40 R18 and the tyres are really expensive!

TOYO PROXESE4 245/40/18 $310ea AVAILIBLE 14/06/10.

BRIDGESTONE ADRENLIN 245/40/18 $485ea IN STOCK EX PERTH

KUHMO KU31 245/40/18 $340ea IN STOCK EX PERTH

what i was quoted!!

OK, doesn't look like the 245's present any clearance issues then - decision time for me now.

Many thanks to those who responded - certainly helped.