Wheel Bearing problem with Sportivo

Had an uneven rolling sound at the front of the car and suspecting it was the tires i changed them.

The problem remained and frustrated i took it down to Pedders for a 28 point safety test .

The result : Drivers side Front bearing needs replacement.

Called around for the bearing .

Toyota : $150

AutoPro : $167

Bursons: $115

Supercheap : Dont stock it.

Autobarn : $85

Supply and Fit :

Midas $320

Ultratune $300

Does anyone know if the ZZE122 and ZZE123 use the same wheel bearing?

Cant get over the Autobarn price unless its not for the Sportivo and is for ZZE122 .

To avoid ordering the incorrect part i need help in knowing if they use diff bearings .

Bearings the same from the ones I've done (RunX and ZZE122R Levin), from memory the bearing kit was $65 from CBC bearings for a side.

Bearing-retaining compound should be used for the race to housing interface and the bearing itself should be re-packed with quality wheel bearing grease before installation.

Lucky it isn't a rear wheel bearing. Very expensive item. The prices i got quoted started at $380 and went all the way to just under $500!!

Ended up buying the bearing from Auto1 for $110 after discount as they had the item in stock.

Yet to replace it as it has been raining since the day i bought the damm thing.

Will pick up some Hi Quality grease and hopefully tackle this on Tuesday.

you have a hydraulic press and all the other bits required to replace the bearing?

Chase , funny you mention it . I was talking to my neighbour who used to run a Workshop and he asked the same question.

I hadnt realised i needed a hydraulic press and now 2 of yous have mentioned it so i guess this is where the DIY bearing change stops. :angry:

Was planning to get DBA Slotted Rotors (more for the look than anything) and now there is a spanner in the works .

If i can afford to (and the bearing holds up) i will try to get the whole lot done at the one time ..

Had an uneven rolling sound at the front of the car and suspecting it was the tires i changed them.

The problem remained and frustrated i took it down to Pedders for a 28 point safety test .

Supply and Fit :

Midas $320

Ultratune $300

Cant get over the Autobarn price unless its not for the Sportivo and is for ZZE122 .

To avoid ordering the incorrect part i need help in knowing if they use diff bearings .

Dont trust pedders 28 point safety test, it was on Today Tonight as a big scam.

Supply and Fit :

Midas $320

Ultratune $300

:lol: took the car to repair place today and the guy test drove the car , he said it wasnt too bad and that he could hardly hear the bearing .. Suggested to me to drive around till the noise got louder and it was easier to pick exactly which wheel was making the sound and that way the correct bearing gets replaced (Correct side ie).So for now he said dont worry about it.

About Pedders

Funny because i was the one who told the pedders bloke i had a rolling sound coming from my side and they had the car for 2 hrs performing a $14 test .I wasnt too impressed as i was still in the office waiting for my lift and 10 mins later heard someone hooning around in my car , i didnt think that was a necessary manner to perform the check.I know it probably has to be test driven but i bet it doesnt have to be rev'd over 4K revs.I was tempted to tell whoever the driver was at the time off but it was going to be my loss so i bottled it instead.

The service i got from them was poor and not welcoming.

All this said , i'm wont be a little bit suprised if you are 100% correct about Pedders being shonky (alteast with the 28 point check anyway)

Who tests the car for 2 hrs and only charges $14 ... P :g:

Supply and Fit :

Midas $320

Ultratune $300

:lol: took the car to repair place today and the guy test drove the car , he said it wasnt too bad and that he could hardly hear the bearing .. Suggested to me to drive around till the noise got louder and it was easier to pick exactly which wheel was making the sound and that way the correct bearing gets replaced (Correct side ie).So for now he said dont worry about it.

About Pedders

Funny because i was the one who told the pedders bloke i had a rolling sound coming from my side and they had the car for 2 hrs performing a $14 test .I wasnt too impressed as i was still in the office waiting for my lift and 10 mins later heard someone hooning around in my car , i didnt think that was a necessary manner to perform the check.I know it probably has to be test driven but i bet it doesnt have to be rev'd over 4K revs.I was tempted to tell whoever the driver was at the time off but it was going to be my loss so i bottled it instead.

The service i got from them was poor and not welcoming.

All this said , i'm wont be a little bit suprised if you are 100% correct about Pedders being shonky (alteast with the 28 point check anyway)

Today Tonight took a perfectly good car which was checked over by RACV and a dealer to cofirm all was ok to 4 different pedders dealers for a 28point check check,pedders quoted up to $2000 for repairs that didnt exist.Beware

to be fair to pedders though, there products are a lot better than manufactures, often in new cars alot of the parts are non replaceable i,e throw away parts, i work for a tailshaft company in sydney and this is something we have to deal with on a day to day basis. all i am saying if you want to take facts from today to tonight then you are a bloody idiot. Everybody knows how ludacris that show is and how baised they are, they can be totaled one sided opinionated. And personally i think it comes down to a simple philosphly like this if you want cheap shoes you buy dunlops, if you want a comfortable feel like you walkin on air you buy Nikes.

But as i stated this is only my opinion.

I use Pedders and i have never had a problem with the service or the price, i like to know that at the end of the job i have better parts in my vehicle which in return make my vehcile more safer to drive.

to be fair to pedders though, there products are a lot better than manufactures, often in new cars alot of the parts are non replaceable i,e throw away parts, i work for a tailshaft company in sydney and this is something we have to deal with on a day to day basis. all i am saying if you want to take facts from today to tonight then you are a bloody idiot. Everybody knows how ludacris that show is and how baised they are, they can be totaled one sided opinionated. And personally i think it comes down to a simple philosphly like this if you want cheap shoes you buy dunlops, if you want a comfortable feel like you walkin on air you buy Nikes.

I use Pedders and i have never had a problem with the service or the price, i like to know that at the end of the job i have better parts in my vehicle which in return make my vehcile more safer to drive.

Now there have been 2 Qualified Mechanics telling me there appears nothing wrong with my wheel bearing

Will be returning the bearing today and getting my money back.

Pedders might do a good job replacing parts however with my personal experience this time it seems they are really poor in diagnostics .

Nearly cost me $300 odd for something that didnt need replacement.

Now there have been 2 Qualified Mechanics telling me there appears nothing wrong with my wheel bearing

Will be returning the bearing today and getting my money back.

Pedders might do a good job replacing parts however with my personal experience this time it seems they are really poor in diagnostics .

Nearly cost me $300 odd for something that didnt need replacement.

Yeah that sucks. oh well hope ya get ya money back.

See thats the Problem with franchises like pedders, you can get some really good operators and some really poor operators, i use Pedders Granville and they are great the boys do an excellent job

Haha, they pocketed $14 AND got a car to test drive (read hoon-in).. :P

Hey Kenneth , you dont have to rub it in .... :blush:

At least i got my money back for the Bearing today from Auto1.

The bloke wasnt too impressed with me as at the time of buying the bearing i did haggle him for a better price of $110 instead of $125 .And he owns that store too and not to mention he called about 9 suppliers just to get the right product number. :D