New Camry

Baron

Hi all.

I'm just after a bit of feed back on the new Camry manual Sportivo, EG: performance, handling, fuel economy, clutch feel and build quality. I tried to find a manual to test drive but there isn't one in any Victorian Toyota dealer. The manual would be my first choice, for some reason I just can't get used to driving an automatic car. Cheers.

Hi all.

I'm just after a bit of feed back on the new Camry manual Sportivo, EG: performance, handling, fuel economy, clutch feel and build quality. I tried to find a manual to test drive but there isn't one in any Victorian Toyota dealer. The manual would be my first choice, for some reason I just can't get used to driving an automatic car. Cheers.

Manuals are as rare as rocking horse poo. Are you really sure you want to step back from the Aurion?

To answer your question, I've driven an ACV40R manual once, wasn't much different from driving an auto performance-wise. On the other hand, my wife's new Hybrid Camry would easily blow either of them away! :)

Hi pinzvidz.

The Aurion was a good car apart from rattles and a few other small issues. I know the Camry is a 4 cylinder and can never match the performance of the aurion but I like the look of the new Camry sportivo over the new Aurion sportivo. I have always loved manual cars and these days with the price of repairs if something goes wrong on these new 6 speed autos, the simple design of a manual wins out in my book, a clutch is still a cheap and simple item to replace. The ease of maintenance on the Camry over the Aurion especially the extra room under the bonnet is also another factor that comes to mind as I plan to keep the car for at least 10 to 15 years. Cheers

Hey Baron - I own a manual ACV40R and I absolutely adore it! Sure it's still only a 5 speed manual mated to a somewhat aged 4 cyl engine, but there is a bucketload of potential :D

I can't comment having never driven an automatic current model Camry, but I have heard the auto box does lag a bit, and I have an absolute ball in the manual hehehehe

Whereabouts in Victoria are you? I'm in Bendigo and you're more than welcome to come have a look :)

Thanks Tash, I might just take you up on the offer. Cheers

No worries :) I come along to most of the meets in Melbourne (next one is Great Ocean Rd cruise in July) so can always catch up there too. When I was looking around for mine there were 3 in Melbourne at the time so I'm guessing that might still be about the case, I unearthed a few on carsales.com.au but some of them were right on the other side of the city.