Got a new Hybrid Camry!

pinzvidz

Thanks Dazz. Silver Pearl here. I have a set of 17" Atara wheels on the 40 series, which I'm removing today and fitting to the new car. Lucky I kept the old 40 series' 16" wheels. Mods at this end will be probably changing over to a 2011 AVN or 2011 Display Audio (same touch screen stereo as in Hilux SR5, Corolla Levin etc.), VAISTech iVic, rear spoiler, tint, HIDs. That'll probably do to start off with...

The silver is a nice silver I've seen a few 2012 Altise and higher model non Hybrids around and half wish i'd gone with it although getting some nice comments on our Magnetic Bronze car... I'm happy enough with the quality of the touch screen audio in the H.

I'll have to post some pix now it is all finished. Tint, spoiler, rear sensors, Fog lights from the USA, Hybrid Decals and Slimline weathershields + Stainless sill plates, dashmat and Neoprene seat covers :-))

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seat Covers:

anyone bought cloth seat covers for "H", can recommend source & price? thanks.

Window Tint:

which one would you recommend with wildfire colour, i.e. Octane or Formula 1?

Thank, that's looking pretty awsome mate.

I called tintacar yesterday and was quoted $345 for either Octane or Formula 1.

Looks like Octane will be the way to go.

I just couldn't find any photo on web for a Camry in wildfire/red colour with dark tint to decide how it will look.

Thank, that's looking pretty awsome mate.

I called tintacar yesterday and was quoted $345 for either Octane or Formula 1.

Looks like Octane will be the way to go.

I just couldn't find any photo on web for a Camry in wildfire/red colour with dark tint to decide how it will look.

Sorry I got confused (thought you were the one getting a silver H) I'm sure it will look fine with Wildfire.. Look forward to some photos ;-)

I'm going to pickup tomorrow.

Where can I buy mud guards in matching colour? Dealer quoted me $200, which I declined.

You could try Global ebay (from USA) But not sure if they have wildfire colour over there + freight can be a killer from the USA..

Be aware they might have a slight effect on your economy (effect the aerodynamics) Because of that and the price I haven't bothered so far..

I'm going to pickup tomorrow.

Where can I buy mud guards in matching colour? Dealer quoted me $200, which I declined.

Don't know how black would look? (these should fit and only A$28 delivered)

http://www.ebay.com....ht_13714wt_1016

or these for just over $100 delivered (genuine Toyota but no mention of a colour choice??)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Camry-2012-Splash-Mud-Guards-OEM-NEW-/140790582307?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2012%7CMake%3AToyota%7CModel%3ACamry&hash=item20c7c5cc23&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1054

Edited by Dazzling_Darryl

Thanks for the advise, gonna skip mud flaps.

Picked up today, very happy with car. We were stuck on west gate bridge for half an hour in traffic today but according to display car wasn't using petrol, only batteries.

How accurate is that information display?

I did two coats of scratch gard just to protect seats.now next task is to go for tinting. So far going to tint a car at north Melbourne for darkest legal. But someone has better suggestion please let me know.

They quoted $345, but I forgot to ask which screens would they do in this price? Only four windows or also rear screen and top bit of front wind screen.

Thanks for the advise, gonna skip mud flaps.

Picked up today, very happy with car. We were stuck on west gate bridge for half an hour in traffic today but according to display car wasn't using petrol, only batteries.

How accurate is that information display?

I did two coats of scratch gard just to protect seats.now next task is to go for tinting. So far going to tint a car at north Melbourne for darkest legal. But someone has better suggestion please let me know.

They quoted $345, but I forgot to ask which screens would they do in this price? Only four windows or also rear screen and top bit of front wind screen.

For that price they should do the rear window and 4 side windows that is the norm (top of windscreen if they will do it would be extra) $345 is a good rate for tint-a-car ...They are normally $460 down here but I got mates rates of $395 (which matched Extreem Window Tinting,,,

Thanks Darryl, will make booking tomorrow :)

Anyone know what's the purpose of "B" on gear stick? I checked user manual and it says its for engine break, still don't get it.

Thanks Darryl, will make booking tomorrow :)

Anyone know what's the purpose of "B" on gear stick? I checked user manual and it says its for engine break, still don't get it.

It is for descending very steep hills to save constantly applying the brake. It seems to sort of change the gearing so the car doesn't try and run away.

On less steep hills the regenerative brakes in the new model seem to hold the speed pretty well if you set the cruise, so don't seem to need the B setting as much as we did in our MY10 Hybrid;-)

Used on long (km) hill descents when the regen brakes have the potential to overheat the battery by overcharging. Equivalent to the 2 or L gears on a normal auto. B also can be used as a sports mode of some sort...it keeps the engine running at lights and you can take off faster (at least on the 2010 model).

Used on long (km) hill descents when the regen brakes have the potential to overheat the battery by overcharging. Equivalent to the 2 or L gears on a normal auto. B also can be used as a sports mode of some sort...it keeps the engine running at lights and you can take off faster (at least on the 2010 model).

Not quite correct there. There's no potential to overheat the HV battery, because the system will not allow the HV battery to be overcharged in the first place. If using B mode to go down, say a very steep mountain descent (which is about the only time you should use B mode anyway), the engine's compression is utilised to slow the vehicle (with injectors switched off), while still regenerating at the same time. Once the battery reaches its maximum allowable charge, the regeneration is cut, and the system will force the engine to absorb more momentum, hence the revs in the engine will increase, plus the conventional braking system will kick in as well.

Damn, looks like I won't be able to use the VAISTech iVIC for the new 50 series (not compatible, as the units in the Camry are sourced from Panasonic, apparently). The VAISTech stuff is normally designed to work with high end Toyota/Lexus units.

But I think I might've found a solution to mirror not just my GNex, but the wife's iPhone as well on the factory touch screen in the Camry.

MimicsX2

Wish me luck when I go to hack the factory head unit to see if I can make this work.

Edited by pinzvidz